Lubing slider pins 04-08 gen?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 12:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lubing slider pins 04-08 gen?

How do you even get the grease in there? That little rubber boot doesn't seem to want to move without ripping.

Do you rip them off, lube and replace?

There's not a single video on YouTube for this generation of f150. They're all older trucks and the sliders look nothing like mine.

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm curious now too, I had planned on doing mine when I replace my pads and rotors in two weeks. I did buy new boots because I know mine are dried out and cracked. I assumed you just pull the bolt out, maybe run a bottle brush through the hole to clear out any dirt and old grease, slather some grease on the sleeves and bolt then slide them back in. I picked up a new set of boots for all four calipers for $14 at Autozone. Easier to replace them than try to save them.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dont slow down
I'm curious now too, I had planned on doing mine when I replace my pads and rotors in two weeks. I did buy new boots because I know mine are dried out and cracked. I assumed you just pull the bolt out, maybe run a bottle brush through the hole to clear out any dirt and old grease, slather some grease on the sleeves and bolt then slide them back in. I picked up a new set of boots for all four calipers for $14 at Autozone. Easier to replace them than try to save them.
I agree. If you have to replace them to lube, I will. However, all of mine still look to be in good shape, so I wasn't sure if you're able to grease without destroying them.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pull the slider pin out. The boot will come off. If the pin is seized you will have to work it out. Sometimes heat is needed. Otherwise clean it up with a lil steel wool and brake parts cleaner. Also spray cleaner in the hole it came out of and then use an air gun to blow dry. Lube pin with anti seize not brake grease. Re assemble. It's that easy. Also put some anti sieze on the hardware or the little brake pad tabs that slide in the caliper.

Quick Reply: Lubing slider pins 04-08 gen?