Jack 'em up all the way!!? (Torsion Bars)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack 'em up all the way!!? (Torsion Bars)

Ok, i've been told dont do it by several people on this board and a couple in real life...and i understand why...BUT, all my new Ford F150 owning friends have jacked there's up almost all the way, if not all the way, and they ARENT blowing cv joints. i want mine all the way!!! what do yall think? why aren't they blowing their joints?

thanks in advance.

Old 08-13-2001, 02:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can jack them up pretty far with no real problems. I wouldn't tighten them all the way or go more than 2" above stock because your truck would ride like a lumber wagon. If you want 3-4" you will be much better off with a lift kit.

I raised the front of this crappy old 4runner I used to have by cranking up the torsion bars. That POS would go through CV joint boots every 45 freaking days, and CV joints every year. I got pretty good at changing them but it got ridiculous.

My F-150 has 20k on the original joints and boots since I raised the front 2" and I am having no problems whatsoever. the ride is definitely stiffer and that is a good thing for the most part. Long term the joints may wear faster but it is hard to say.

Old 08-13-2001, 11:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

BigBadRedLiftedFordMan,
If any of these guys have 7" of lift to go along with their torsion bar adjustments, what size tires are they running underneath all of that lift? Thanks in advance for any info...

Quick Reply: Jack 'em up all the way!!? (Torsion Bars)