New tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New tires

I have a 2010 F150 4x4 super crew. I installed a leveling kit and Toyo 35-12.5-20's. I could not have asked for more out of a mud tire. Never stuck, 60K miles(and still have tread). Very impressed. As far as M/T goes they were quiet and rode well. However, the fact that I put 60K on them in 2 years says that I'm on the highway WAY more than offroad. I'm planning on new tires in the next month. I'm looking at the open country a/t since I had such good luck with the m/t. I'm wanting a tire that is quieter, more comfortable and better mpg. I realize I will sacrifice mud performance. I'm wondering if anyone else has made a similar switch and if so what size did you choose? I'm thinking about something like a 275/65/20. The thinking is that this size should give me some of my mpg back but still look aggressive. Thanks for any input. While I'm at it, any other suggestions for getting my MPG back? With my current tires and stock truck I'm getting 15mpg hwy if I'm lucky.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I once went from a mud tire to an AT for similar logic; it was the worst, most boring, longest few years of my life. I regret every second of it. In my personal, humble, opinion (and sure some will disagree) and gains in fuel mileage will not be enough to offset the looks. Don't do it bro. You've just proven how good a mud tire can be and look how much you liked the look on your truck. Are you truly and honestly willing to give that up??? If you're dead set on an AT, at least consider the GoodYear DuraTrac…that's about as aggressive as an AT you're gonna find.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
I once went from a mud tire to an AT for similar logic; it was the worst, most boring, longest few years of my life. I regret every second of it. In my personal, humble, opinion (and sure some will disagree) and gains in fuel mileage will not be enough to offset the looks. Don't do it bro. You've just proven how good a mud tire can be and look how much you liked the look on your truck. Are you truly and honestly willing to give that up??? If you're dead set on an AT, at least consider the GoodYear DuraTrac…that's about as aggressive as an AT you're gonna find.
^x2

Old 07-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Another tire to consider is the Cooper ST Maxx. I am running the Cooper 275x70x18 and averaging 17 mpg with my '09 F150.

Quick Reply: New tires