Glazed pads?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 02:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Glazed pads?

Hey all, looking for some input...
Just got a new Screw ('01) that had 500 miles on it when I bought it. I have put on 1700 more and I think that the brake pads might have been glazed since I bought it. I understand that I am driving a truck bigger than my old 93 crown vic, but it seems like I am really pushing hard on the brake considering the results I get. There is not much play in the pedal. The brakes connect right away. There is no warping as there is no vibration or pulsing while stopping. It just seems that I push the brakes pretty hard and feel a lot of resistance and it takes quite a while to stop it. How can I tell if my pads might be glazed without pulling wheels off? Would it be possible for them to have been glazedin that few miles? Supposedly my truck was drivin to Michigan from somewhere in Canada... Can anyone describe whether this sounds normal? I have four wheel discs and it was pretty tough stopping when I had a 19 foot ski boat on a trailer pushing me along. Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Old 08-16-2001, 02:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
could be not seated in yet try driving at highway speed and do a few hard stops then do a few easy smooth braking get the pads hot then park the truck and let them cool dowm over night and see if they seated in and give you more brake power

Quick Reply: Glazed pads?