Pick your brain...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Drdudsads
Pick your brain...

Hello gang! I am looking into changing the tires up on my truck, I currently have 315/70/17 BFG KO AT and want to downsize tire size and remove my leveling kit and AAL for a smoother ride and hopefully better MPG! Now with that being said the new tires are going on my 17X9 rims with 4.75" backspacing. I plan to drop the rear of the truck 2" with some drop shackles and was wondering what is the biggest tire size I could run with that setup? How much do the shackels affect payload and such? *When I go ride I have my 400lb quad and maybe another 100-200 additional pounds in the bed for camping. Also how about towing trailers? I usually tow around 6-8000lbs of quads and camping gear on a flat bed or enclosed.

Or I possible plan to set my Bilstein shock at 1" lift in the front and leave the back stock. What would be the biggest tire possible with this setup on the
17X9 rims with 4.75" backspacing?

The tire of choice after all said and done of my reviewing is the Yokohama Geolandar AT/S.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
Hello gang! I am looking into changing the tires up on my truck, I currently have 315/70/17 BFG KO AT and want to downsize tire size and remove my leveling kit and AAL for a smoother ride and hopefully better MPG! Now with that being said the new tires are going on my 17X9 rims with 4.75" backspacing. I plan to drop the rear of the truck 2" with some drop shackles and was wondering what is the biggest tire size I could run with that setup? How much do the shackels affect payload and such? *When I go ride I have my 400lb quad and maybe another 100-200 additional pounds in the bed for camping. Also how about towing trailers? I usually tow around 6-8000lbs of quads and camping gear on a flat bed or enclosed.

Or I possible plan to set my Bilstein shock at 1" lift in the front and leave the back stock. What would be the biggest tire possible with this setup on the
17X9 rims with 4.75" backspacing?

The tire of choice after all said and done of my reviewing is the Yokohama Geolandar AT/S.
I'd set the Bilstein's to 1" and go with some 285x70x17's D rated if you can find them. Leave the rear alone.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Drdudsads
After seeing a few trucks with 265/70/17 AT's something about it appeals to me more than 285/70/17, I don't know what it is, maybe just tired of seeing 285/70/17 on everything?

How would 265/70/17 look at stock height and with the back dropped 2"?

Quick Reply: Pick your brain...