Squeaking of the front end.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeaking of the front end.

Howdy,

Ive encountered a squeaking of both wheels, I suspect atleast it is BOTH. Anyways, the squeaking happens at all speeds and any time Im driving, even from a cold start. Ive read quite a few threads on here about similar problems, Ive planned to go hit up a lift this weekend to check on the movement of the tire and see if there is play or what not.

Im not 100% sure if its my bearings or CV joint, but as far as I know if the CV joint is bad it will make a clicking, and not a squeaking/squealing? I discovered this squeak after a long day of offroading, and wasnt sure what it was, I always immediately clean my vehicle after trashing her. I ended up tearing the outer CV boot on the driver side, but this was before I went offroading that day(as far as I know, it could have happened on a previous trip out), so I patched it up with some One Minute RTV, after making sure it sealed and would hold, I decided it'd be fine to take her out.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to go about diagnosing this problem, I would be greatly appreciative of the help.

I have a 2004 F-150 SCab(new body style), 4x4, with 98k miles.

Last edited by feyded1020; 08-11-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:20 PM
No one has any input on this matter?

Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Is it a squeak or more like a squeak and a little grinding sound?

Old 08-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Its specifically a squeak, Im still at a loss of what it might be, I plan to take it to the shop tomorrow so I can try and fix it, but I would love some input on what I SHOULD look for or perhaps what the culprit is would also be great.

If you need any more information let me know.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:23 AM
Well I had the same problem, but it led to be two things, my 4wd actuator had mud and sand **** in it, had to replace both on the front end, and my wheel bearings were going bad which is probably what that squeaking sound is.

Quick Reply: Squeaking of the front end.