Where to get Wheel Spacers??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where to get Wheel Spacers??

I want y tires to stick out more for the more aggressive stace and want some wheel spacers. probably 1.5" or 2"....

Where has everyone bought theres at? and how long have you ran them??

Old 08-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Wheel spacers= FAIL

Old 08-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't recommend running them either, especially on the front end. If you want a more aggressive stance, do it right and get a set of aftermarket rims.

With all that said, I had a set on the rear end of my old ZR2 Blazer to even out the stance in the back with the front. I got them off ebay for next to nothing. I ran them for 4 years with no problems but I'll never have them again.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:24 PM

well i might be getting some fx4 stock rims and wan tthewider stance. i know alot of people wouldnt want them but like u said 4 years and no problems. it just depends on who has them-how well you take care of them- and how much u check up on them.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:46 PM
When I got new tires at Discount Tire, they wouldn't mount the new ones with the spacers on. They said they had seen wheel spacers sheer off and cause an accident. Maybe they were just blowing smoke, but I know they deal with wheels and tires a WHOLE lot more than I do.

Just be careful with them, especially up front. They will put more stress on your front end. Make sure you check them periodically. I would say with every tire rotation at least. Good luck and be safe.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:57 PM

I don't reccommend them on the front either. My wheel adapters are the same concept and I blew out a bearing and it was pretty bad. Lost brakes on my left side because the rotor spun freely. If you do run them check them often like others said. Make sure your bearings always have fresh grease.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:39 PM

Lightning did you check yours frequently??

Trending Topics

Old 08-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Yeah. I'm under the assumption that I possibly had a bad bearing because it was only 2 months old when it went out. I started noticing it a few days before. The front end did not feel right and I could feel the tire starting to rotate but it wasn't anything bad so I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Luckily it went out about a mile from my house so I was able to get it home. Changed it in 30 min cleaned everything out real good and its been fine for about 3 weeks now. Btw you should be fine with stock rims though. Because as you can see my wheels have a decent amount of backspacing. So backspacing plus 1.5" adapters makes the tire stick out really far. I have to say though the wheel spread look is nasty.
Name:  baller060.jpg
Views: 4432
Size:  136.0 KB

Old 08-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Wheel spacers are stupid. Run the correct wheel and tire combo for the suspension setup on your truck.

Nothing against anyone who likes it, but I hate the wide wheeled roller skate look.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:05 AM

gotcha lightning. your stance looks sick. how far from your fender flares do your tires stick out??

Old 08-09-2010, 01:46 PM

Almost half the tire lol. Not sure of the exact measurment though.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:34 PM
ive been running my 2inch spacers for 5 months now even drove all the way to tennesse with them that was a 3000 miles round trip, didnt check them once as long as you tighten them down to the right torque setting you should be fine mine are great and i like the stance it gives me

Old 08-09-2010, 02:57 PM

^ thats what i like to hear

beware this might be a dumb question - but how do you measure torque setting?

Old 08-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by BigTruckGuy
^ thats what i like to hear

go online and find it out all my lug nuts and on both wheel spacers and hub are at 150lbs or torque never had a problem comming lose or anything i checked them about 3 months after i put them on they were all the same as the day i put them on

Old 08-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by BigTruckGuy
Not sure if you mean how do you find the amount of torque needed for lug nuts or how do you measure it when tightening the lug nuts. Your owners manual should tell you how much torque you should apply to your lug nuts. If the spacers you get don't have a recommendations, I would apply the same as your manual recommends.

To measure torque when you are in the process of tightening your lug nuts, you need a torque wrench.

Quick Reply: Where to get Wheel Spacers??