My thoughts/opinions/experience on wheel adapters

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My thoughts/opinions/experience on wheel adapters

Wanted to throw a little insight to those out there who are debating about running these or are running them now. I've been running my wheel adapters for a few months now and have finally began to see the effects of what they do to your truck. When I first put them on, my wheel bearings were somewhat shot but still ok for a little. I have recently replaced them about 2 months ago, which brings me to my post today. Now, I know others have had great experience with them without problems and I myself have recommended them, but I have recently had a major problem which makes me very undecided on how much longer I will run them. For a couple of days now I've felt a slight rotation in my left front but could not pin point the problem. Yesterday as I was driving to work it got very bad and I had a bearing basically explode on my left side. Tire began to rotate somewhat out of control and I lost brakes on the left side. Luckily I was only about a mile from my house and was able to nurse it home. After 30 min I was able to repack and fix the bearings and my truck is fine and running well again. Honestly, I'm not sure if I had a bad bearing to begin with but the problem could have been extremely bad if I was at high speeds. Basically what I'm trying to say in this post is if you have wheel adapters make sure you check your bearings regularly along with keeping them freshly greased. Those who are thinking about getting them, be sure to take all precautions when using them. I'm hoping it was just a bad bearing but if the problem continues I will be getting new wheels that actually fit my lug pattern.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for the other side of the story. No problems here.

here's my original thread

Quick Reply: My thoughts/opinions/experience on wheel adapters