Autospring 2" Leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autospring 2" Leveling kit

Do I need new shocks and bushings if I add this to a Stock 07?

Last edited by JHause22; 07-17-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Delete post
Old 07-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Most of the time the answer is no, but it depends on how many miles are on ur current struts as well as your driving style and amount of off roading you do. If the ball joints are worn when you get in there to put on the leveling kit you might as well change em out.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:52 PM

I have a AS 2" Leveling kit for sale if you're interested PM me if you're interested

Old 07-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by 07_FX4GUY
Most of the time the answer is no, but it depends on how many miles are on ur current struts as well as your driving style and amount of off roading you do. If the ball joints are worn when you get in there to put on the leveling kit you might as well change em out.
Its got 34000 on it and I havent done very much off road driving with it since I bought it brand new off the lot. I just didnt know If I really do need longer shocks to install the kit. Thanks for your help.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:13 AM
The spacer type leveling kit does not require that you get a longer strut. But something to consider, Ford struts/shocks are junk to begin with. If your adding a leveling kit to make room for a larger (heavier) tire. You may want to consider upgrading your struts/shocks for better control of the added weight.

Since you need to pull the spring/strut assembly out for the leveling kit, it is a good opportunity to swap in new struts or any other front end part that may be weak. I would recommend you have someone swap over the springs on the struts if you're not familiar with working with loaded suspension components. It's just safer and eaiser.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by svt2205
The spacer type leveling kit does not require that you get a longer strut. But something to consider, Ford struts/shocks are junk to begin with. If your adding a leveling kit to make room for a larger (heavier) tire. You may want to consider upgrading your struts/shocks for better control of the added weight.

Since you need to pull the spring/strut assembly out for the leveling kit, it is a good opportunity to swap in new struts or any other front end part that may be weak. I would recommend you have someone swap over the springs on the struts if you're not familiar with working with loaded suspension components. It's just safer and eaiser.
If your going to go through all that your better off getting a strut with the lift built in. Like the rancho qwik lift, or the much better way to go being the bilstein kit.

But to anwser the op's question, NO you do not need new shocks/struts, and there isnt any bushings to replace when concerning a leveling kit.

I had 36,000 on my 05 when i did the a.s. kit and i drove it to 60,000 with no issues. All i did was add the a.s. 2" kit, in my yard i might add.

Quick Reply: Autospring 2" Leveling kit