Tire/Wheel Crisis, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire/Wheel Crisis, HELP!

Hello everyone, Im new to the f-150 fourms. I've been lurking around for a few weeks now but I am currently having a problem. Let me fill you in.

I ran into a little bit of money and deciced i want to put a few grand into my truck( 2000 f-150 5.4) I wanted to get a leveling kit + 3inch body lift kit with 35ing MTZ radial's. Then I was going to get things like running boards etc etc. I got the quote back and he said just the lift kit alone is almost 3 grand?? I was under the impression that it was waaaaay cheaper. Well now including the new tires and rims with this kit its just waaay to much money for me to spend. 6 or 7 grand?

So now im pissed and confused. Im still going to add some nice accessories like the chrome running baords with a tunnoa cover, however i am slumped when it comes to the rims and tires. I had my mind set of these big 35inch tires and i thought it would look so sick witht he lift. Now that the lift is basically out of the question for me, what should i get? I know they wont fit but do you guys think i should just get the biggest tires that will fit on it stock with 17ish reg rims?? Or should i get like 22's and go for the sportier look. Im just wicked confused and dissapointed now and i dont know what to do. I just dont know about getting 22's with 4x4 and how well this will go, then again i dont want to get lke 31's or 33s if they fit because it will be stupid that it wont look right, it will look liker it needs to be lifted.

Any advice please, on what rims/tire combo looks great on a f150 truck.

Any pictures would be great but what should i do, Im soo pissed right now i cant decide and I only have another day to decide.

Thanks guys =)

Old 06-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by aMightyMaC
Hello everyone, Im new to the f-150 fourms. I've been lurking around for a few weeks now but I am currently having a problem. Let me fill you in.

I ran into a little bit of money and deciced i want to put a few grand into my truck( 2000 f-150 5.4) I wanted to get a leveling kit + 3inch body lift kit with 35ing MTZ radial's. Then I was going to get things like running boards etc etc. I got the quote back and he said just the lift kit alone is almost 3 grand?? I was under the impression that it was waaaaay cheaper. Well now including the new tires and rims with this kit its just waaay to much money for me to spend. 6 or 7 grand?

So now im pissed and confused. Im still going to add some nice accessories like the chrome running baords with a tunnoa cover, however i am slumped when it comes to the rims and tires. I had my mind set of these big 35inch tires and i thought it would look so sick witht he lift. Now that the lift is basically out of the question for me, what should i get? I know they wont fit but do you guys think i should just get the biggest tires that will fit on it stock with 17ish reg rims?? Or should i get like 22's and go for the sportier look. Im just wicked confused and dissapointed now and i dont know what to do. I just dont know about getting 22's with 4x4 and how well this will go, then again i dont want to get lke 31's or 33s if they fit because it will be stupid that it wont look right, it will look liker it needs to be lifted.

Any advice please, on what rims/tire combo looks great on a f150 truck.

Any pictures would be great but what should i do, Im soo pissed right now i cant decide and I only have another day to decide.

Thanks guys =)
Did you do any research on pricing before hand? A 3 inch body kit for your truck is only $238.00 from 4wheelparts.com

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...72&t_pn=PER863

Use google and search around to get an idea of what all this will cost online before getting a quote from someone. Also, whoever quoted you $3k for a body lift is probably someone you dont want to be doing any business with.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by l337viton
Did you do any research on pricing before hand? A 3 inch body kit for your truck is only $238.00 from 4wheelparts.com

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...72&t_pn=PER863

Use google and search around to get an idea of what all this will cost online before getting a quote from someone. Also, whoever quoted you $3k for a body lift is probably someone you dont want to be doing any business with.
Yes i did research, I actually know the guy ok too. he said the leveling kit and 3 inch kit was 2500 with labor im assuming. Is labor this much? i dont understand?

Ive seen some 3inch body lifts for 300ish and then ive seens other 3 inch body lifts around 2gs? I dont get what im missing

Old 06-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Yes i did research, I actually know the guy ok too. he said the leveling kit and 3 inch kit was 2500 with labor im assuming. Is labor this much? i dont understand?

Ive seen some 3inch body lifts for 300ish and then ive seens other 3 inch body lifts around 2gs? I dont get what im missing
It should take a competent mechanic at most 8 hours (I'm guessing 6 hours would be more like it) to install the body lift.

$2,500 / 8 hours = $312.50 an hour for labor

Sounds like you might be confusing a body lift and a suspension lift. But even a suspension lift for your truck should only be $1500-$1800 and the install should be a lot easier so it should be like $2,200 installed.

Call other places and get more quotes.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by l337viton
It should take a competent mechanic at most 8 hours (I'm guessing 6 hours would be more like it) to install the body lift.

$2,500 / 8 hours = $312.50 an hour for labor

Sounds like you might be confusing a body lift and a suspension lift. But even a suspension lift for your truck should only be $1500-$1800 and the install should be a lot easier so it should be like $2,200 installed.

Call other places and get more quotes.
The thing is, I was set and so happy to get a leveling suspension kit( cheap) i k now that. then a 3 inch BODY lift kit. to add my nice expesive 35inch tires. However i was under the impression that the lift kit would be around 1thousand and a few hundred for labor. How do you have that 3inch body kit for under 300$

what is the difference in all these different body lifts? Why is that one so cheap? Id apreciate ne help, thanks

Old 06-10-2010, 08:54 PM
The thing is, I was set and so happy to get a leveling suspension kit( cheap) i k now that. then a 3 inch BODY lift kit. to add my nice expesive 35inch tires. However i was under the impression that the lift kit would be around 1thousand and a few hundred for labor. How do you have that 3inch body kit for under 300$

what is the difference in all these different body lifts? Why is that one so cheap? Id apreciate ne help, thanks
Sorry man i dont have the time to explain all this on my way out... search for "body lift kit" "suspension lift kit" search here on this site as well as google. These topics are covered extensively on this site. Maybe someone else can chime in as well.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:06 PM
hey man. i got a 2 inch body lift on my 03 2wd. u can check out the pics in my album. it only cost me about 3 bills for the kit its self. but i did the install myself. 3 grand for a body lift is WAY over priced. keep lookin youll find a better price.

Trending Topics

Old 06-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why would you waste money on a leveling kit when you can level your truck for free?

Quick Reply: Tire/Wheel Crisis, HELP!