Best place to get TPMS sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best place to get TPMS sensors?

Since I am buying new rims, I am shopping around looking at installers. One installer told me he doesn't order new TPMS, but can move them. Since I am keeping my old rims with snows, I need new TPMS sensors. He told me to contact the dealer. Went to another installer, and he said he could get me sensors for $99 a wheel + install. Finally went over to the dealer, and he can get me sensors for $71 a wheel.

Looks like I can get sensors online. Tirerack costs $240 if you get your rims and rubber there, but I don't know how much just the sensors would be.

Is there a place online people have had success getting them, or should I just suck it up and get them from the dealer?

Rims are on the way, now I just need to get the rubber set up.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought mine from Tasca for under $150 for the whole set. That also included the valve stem you need to attache the sensor to. You also want to buy the reset tool so you can easily switch back and forth on the tires. It runs around $25.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks. I contacted Tasca, and they gave me the part number for the sensors. Since they quoted retail as $71, they must be the same as the dealer was going to sell me. Their price was $36 apiece. I assume I need to order 4 of those. The description is confusing because one says 'sensor' another says 'sensors'. What is the $25 reset tool? I can't find reference to that. Can you post the part number?

Did you have to take the sensors to the dealer to be 'flashed'? That is what the reply from Tasca came back and said.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:07 AM
The reset tool is what does the "flashing". It will retrain the sensors to the vehicle as you switch back and forth. It will also reset if you ever get a low pressure light. As to how it is used, look in the owners manual, you will have a section on the TPMS, and how to reset it with the tool. Make sure the part you are ordering includes the valve stem. You cannot mount the sensor without a valve special valve stem, whether OE or aftermarket.

Part number stamped on the tool is - 8C2T-1A203-AB

Old 03-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Hey King, Does the valve stem matter on the band style sensors? I guess it wouldn't make sense to me if it did..

Old 03-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by muliefever
Hey King, Does the valve stem matter on the band style sensors? I guess it wouldn't make sense to me if it did..
No, but I am not sure that the band type will work on the 09 up. They come with the valve stem type, which may be a different frequency.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:32 PM
tire rack and saleen also sell them. The sensor has to be mounted a 180 degrees from the valve stem on this type of sensor and band

Quick Reply: Best place to get TPMS sensors?