03 Rotors NOT made in China?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Rotors NOT made in China?

Hey guys, has anyone purchased rotors for their truck that aren't made in China? I have some severely warped Bendix rotors no doubt from the ceramic Carquest pads (I doubt the y can be saved by turning) & when I bought the rotors I went to every parts store in town to find a set that were made in USA, I found the Bendix at Advanced Auto which was my last resort, now a couple years later I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) & cant find ANY including the Bendix - they're all made in China ARGHHH! What about the Motorcraft rotors? Any ideas?

Thanks For Your Help In Advance!

Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
EBC's are made in the UK and I have been extremely happy with mine. Cant speak for locale of construction, but any rotor from Baer, Brembo, SSBC, PowerSlot, and as mentioned EBC, should be awesome and trouble free.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks Galaxy - Here's the reply I got from SSBC:

Arnold: All rotors available in the U.S. today are made over seas!

Sincerely,

Dave Erny

Technical Advisor

SSBC Performance Brake Systems

& Heres the reply from Wagner:

Mr. Robinson,

Wagner Brake has been engineering and manufacturing rotors for decades. This heritage provides the foundation for Federal-Mogul’s ability to engineer, test, and certify rotors that will perform safely and effectively for today’s vehicles. To answer your question we currently manufacture the parts in China .

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Sincerely,

Walter Keating
Federal-Mogul Corporation
Product Manager - Rotor & Drum
Global Aftermarket

I got a call from Bendix & the rep. there basically stated the same story. Gee - I figured out a long time ago that this loss of manufacturing jobs was killing the USA, why cant our government figure it out???

Old 01-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So you're shopping for a rotor that's made in the US to support our jobs and not necessarily because you're worried about getting a quality product?? This should be interestng...

If you think those rotors are going to be the only thing on your truck made overseas, then I suggest you don't snoop around at any other parts.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
So you're shopping for a rotor that's made in the US to support our jobs and not necessarily because you're worried about getting a quality product?? This should be interestng...

If you think those rotors are going to be the only thing on your truck made overseas, then I suggest you don't snoop around at any other parts.
Hi Galaxy - Yes I want a quality product first and foremost & I prefer it be made in the US or anywhere other then China! I f we all throw in the towel pretty soon none of us will have jobs, what do you think this country (& now Chinas) economies were built on? Manufacturing! I realize no vehicle is 100% made anywhere heck even the Toyota Tundra which is Japanese is made outside of their country (here) with most parts from here as well! The Ford trucks generally have most parts made in Canada & Mexico with bits and pieces from other parts of the world - I know my Fords & have several. Is there some reason you would be pleased to support China? They are communist you know? By the way the EBC would be fine if they are in fact still made in the UK, I'm still waiting to hear from them to confirm as I dont want to purchase them only to find out they are now made in CHINA! Heres a good article from Popular Mechanics about overseas discs:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...o/4338268.html

Old 01-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Good for LittleTow, at least he's trying to buy things still made domestically if possible. Unfortunetely cheap labor and less quality prevails. My rotors I just got from Carquest are chinese and aren't bad though.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by LittleTow
Hey guys, has anyone purchased rotors for their truck that aren't made in China? I have some severely warped Bendix rotors no doubt from the ceramic Carquest pads (I doubt the y can be saved by turning) & when I bought the rotors I went to every parts store in town to find a set that were made in USA, I found the Bendix at Advanced Auto which was my last resort, now a couple years later I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) & cant find ANY including the Bendix - they're all made in China ARGHHH! What about the Motorcraft rotors? Any ideas?

Thanks For Your Help In Advance!
I just bought some rotors from brakeperformance.com i should be getting them next week On there site they say there are Machined in the USA

I agree with you I am tired of buying cheap crap from china if you think about it you don't really save money because the crap usually breaks faster and you have to replace it.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by BLUE20004X4
Good for LittleTow, at least he's trying to buy things still made domestically if possible. Unfortunetely cheap labor and less quality prevails. My rotors I just got from Carquest are chinese and aren't bad though.
Thanks for the vote of support:-) The Carquest rotors are the ones I came across a couple of years ago when I went on my first "quest" for non China rotors & ended up with the Bendix ones I have now that are shot, again unfortunately the Bendix are no longer made in the US. I ended up calling O'Reily today inquiring about the EBC's and the counter guy said they could order them but couldnt verify the country of origin (I'm still waiting for a reply from EBC but like Galaxy states they should be made in the UK), anyway for S's & G's I asked him about the Wagners they stock & he said he'd have to go check, he also said he had never looked at where they were made - he came back on the phone & said he had a pair that are marked made in USA (must be some old stock as Federal Mogul - Wagner stated to me their rotors are in fact all made in China now) then I asked him to check on the rears and he said those are marked China so I'll go out of my way (40 miles) tomorrow to go grab the fronts & hopefully before someone else does:-)

Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by u1cracka
I just bought some rotors from brakeperformance.com i should be getting them next week On there site they say there are Machined in the USA

I agree with you I am tired of buying cheap crap from china if you think about it you don't really save money because the crap usually breaks faster and you have to replace it.
Yeah its a "false economy" when you buy stuff twice, I'll check out brakeperformance.com & see what they have.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:57 AM
So far I haven't found rotors not made in China.

Quick Reply: 03 Rotors NOT made in China?