Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

Has anyone got these tires on their truck? If so what are your opinions about them. How are they for wear? I currently have Wrangler SilentArmour tires on my 02 7700 and theyre a great tire but looking for a change.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:24 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
My buddy just bought a set of 4 for his Nissan Frontier... they look alright. I still like the performance and reviews of the General Grabber AT2 tires. So I don't know how the wear is. I do know that the AT2 tires from General are really tough to wear down, even if you don't frequently rotate them. AFAIK, they are very low maintainance tires that last absurdly long.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:31 AM
ive had my SA's for only about 2 years now and theyre already wearing pretty low. i do like to stick to Goodyear as i get a discount through my work and i can get them for cost but i will check out the AT2's also

Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Tater_Salad
Has anyone got these tires on their truck? If so what are your opinions about them. How are they for wear? I currently have Wrangler SilentArmour tires on my 02 7700 and theyre a great tire but looking for a change.
I am running the Duratracs. I have had them on for about 700 miles, so I cant tell you about wear. I can tell you that they are QUIET. They ride soft, wet weather performance has been good. Unless they wear really fast I will be buying these again and again. I noticed Jeep and Toyota forums have a lot of Duratrac users, may want to look there, thats where I got my info before I bought mine.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:58 PM
I have been running them for about 10,000 miles and love the look of them, the ride quality is great.. there very quite. I notice a little bit of wear but nothing that strikes my attention that its a fast wearing tire. I used to have the general grabber at2's and love the duratracs a ton better.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Thanks a lot. And I looked at your pictures of your rims and tires and youre right they do look sick. I think they should do the trick for me in the snowy and muddy conditions we get around here

Old 10-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Another question. For those of you who have the duratracs how do they hold up on gravel driving? Are they like most where they get chewed up and wear really fast or are they pretty good as for that type of driving?

Quick Reply: Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac