Brake Pad Replacement....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Pad Replacement....

The brakes on my 07 F150 4by were squealing like a PETA rep at a NRA convention. Only had 15,000 miles but it was getting brutal and extremely annoying.... Talked to the dealer a couple times but figured they weren't going to do much.

Went to Autozone this morning and picked up a set of their ceramic pads with "life time" warranty! Anyway never changed pads on F150 but it was a snap. The old pad shims had "rotted" away and almost nothing was left of them! Even the clips were in very sad shape! Must be the crap they are putting on the roads in the winter now. Rotors were fine and didn't require changing.....

Anyway it took me about 90 mins to change out the fronts and presto... completely silent again. Have to wait and see if they continue to stay quiet but I'm hoping to drastically reduce the amount of brake dust too. Did lots of hard braking after the install and didn't notice any brake reduction power!

Considering the cost was only 59.00 for the new ceramic pads it seems like a worthwhile exercise..... For those with annoying squealing brakes give it a try...

Old 09-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by cthusker
The brakes on my 07 F150 4by were squealing like a PETA rep at a NRA convention. Only had 15,000 miles but it was getting brutal and extremely annoying.... Talked to the dealer a couple times but figured they weren't going to do much.

Went to Autozone this morning and picked up a set of their ceramic pads with "life time" warranty! Anyway never changed pads on F150 but it was a snap. The old pad shims had "rotted" away and almost nothing was left of them! Even the clips were in very sad shape! Must be the crap they are putting on the roads in the winter now. Rotors were fine and didn't require changing.....

Anyway it took me about 90 mins to change out the fronts and presto... completely silent again. Have to wait and see if they continue to stay quiet but I'm hoping to drastically reduce the amount of brake dust too. Did lots of hard braking after the install and didn't notice any brake reduction power!

Considering the cost was only 59.00 for the new ceramic pads it seems like a worthwhile exercise..... For those with annoying squealing brakes give it a try...
The ceramics should not only produce less dust than metallic pads but also don't get as hot. We carry Monroe Ceramic and Dynamics.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:21 AM
need help. can anyone give me step by step instruction an pics to replace brake pads on my 03. I have never work on truck or car. But the tips I got from you guys to replace my broken front end link were the best took me 1 hr to change both. Please help a guy with no mechanical skills at all.

Thanks to all of you that post how to's for us mechanically challenged

Old 01-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by MICHM2009
need help. can anyone give me step by step instruction an pics to replace brake pads on my 03. I have never work on truck or car. But the tips I got from you guys to replace my broken front end link were the best took me 1 hr to change both. Please help a guy with no mechanical skills at all.

Thanks to all of you that post how to's for us mechanically challenged
no offense, but a guy with "no mechanical skills at all" may want to avoid working on critical safety systems like brakes.

Either find a buddy to help you out and show you what to do or take it to a shop!

If you really want to do it yourself, pick up a Haynes manual. They have very thorough step-by-step with pictures.

Quick Reply: Brake Pad Replacement....