Help to ID these rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help to ID these rims

I bought these from a friend and all we know is that they are 16x8 American Racing rims. I had first thought they were the Torqlite rims but they don't make them in a 16" rim. These rims were the original rims that came from a 98 f150. Does anyone know the make/model of these rims? Any detailed info like backspace etc.. would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck on this one, cause these are hard to identify

These rims were the original rims that came from a 98 f150 These rims were not put on by the factory, could have been installed by a dealer for a upscale addition. Ford Accessories offered a similar looking wheel but those were made by Alcoa and very spendy 400 a wheel. These Alcoa wheels used the same factory lugnuts not the cone seat lugnuts that American Racing wheels would use.

I was looking for a set of these wheels around 2001/2002 for my 99 F150. The rims were already discontinued. I have only seen 2 trucks with these rims, one truck was new on the lot and this truck.

I took the pic to remember what the wheels looked like. I thought that truck looked badass. I found out they were discontinued and bought a different set of wheels.

Your best luck at info would be to email American Racing to see if they could give you any information on those wheels.

Quick Reply: Help to ID these rims