Brake Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Issues

Hello, this is my first time posting hope I do this right. Ok I have a 2002 F150 Super Crew 5.4. 4x4. Ok when I go to brake at a complete stop, before the vehicle stops all the way the petal hardens up and pushes back to where it was then goes back to normal braking and stops. It makes a strange noise at the petal when this happens. I hope this makes sense, It's kinda hard to explain,Does Anyone know what this is. Thanks for any help.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does it feel like Metal grinding when you hit the brake?

Could it be the ABS?

Old 03-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Benny,
Sounds like your ABS is misfiring a little. Common problem on that year. Pedal gets crazy at 5mph right? I know because mine does it. Try unplugging the ABS harness under the hood and see if it continues. If that stops it at least you know what the problem is and can address it or prepare for the beating at the local shop. I have my ABS disengaged permanently because where I live the roads ice up alot and I don't like the whole ABS thing in general.

Cheers!

Old 03-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by maddogrfc
Benny,
Sounds like your ABS is misfiring a little. Common problem on that year. Pedal gets crazy at 5mph right? I know because mine does it. Try unplugging the ABS harness under the hood and see if it continues. If that stops it at least you know what the problem is and can address it or prepare for the beating at the local shop. I have my ABS disengaged permanently because where I live the roads ice up alot and I don't like the whole ABS thing in general.

Cheers!
Hey thanks for the reply, I'll try that. Ill let you know what i find out. And thanks again.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Moltenice
Does it feel like Metal grinding when you hit the brake?

Could it be the ABS?
Hello, yes i'm also thinking it might be the abs. I hope if it is it will be a simple fix. thanks

Old 03-29-2009, 03:20 AM
There is a recall with ford on the ABS going off!!! Call your ford dealer and check it out. There is also a recall on the Cruse control. It may have been just some parts of the USA I kow they had it in AZ.

Jon

Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
hello maddogrfc, I finally got to try your suggestions and the brake petal works fine now, did you happen to find out exactly what the problem was with your abs, or did decide to leave it unhooked. Thanks again.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:50 AM
Its the speed ring on the rotors. We have this come into ford all the time. If you put the rotors on and hit that ring it gets bent and the SMALLEST bend will send it into your problem. What is happening is the ring is moving far enough away from the sensor that it thinks your wheel has locked up due to the no signal. You will have to replace your rotors TRUST me I spend a hr trying to fix one with a run out dial and it didn't work. Replaced it and it was fine...

Jon

Old 04-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Hello JonF15008, hey Thanks for the suggestion, Ill try it soon as I get a chance. And once again, Thanks.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:56 PM
No prob.

Jon

Quick Reply: Brake Issues