shakes and wobbles

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shakes and wobbles

just got back from the farm and rolled in some thick mud now my truck shimmies at speeds over 35 mph all the lead is there but had it balanced any way still can't get the shimmy to go away could i have got mud in the tire? i only drove about 200 ft in that muck? any ideas would help or ill have to take her in to the shop before my but goes numb from the shakes! thanks guys for the feed back!

Old 01-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Most likely mud on the inside of rims. Happens alot to my work truck. Pull a rear (that's the wheel I find mostly affected) wheel and scrape off the inside (by "inside" I mean the side that mounts to the axle, as in not the purty shiney outside that you can see). Hope this helps.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:34 PM
ya OK then what your saying is the side that's ugly need to be scraped or cleaned ? how would this help when i Had the rims and tires rebalanced don't think tire shop would have not done this but hay worth a try thanks

Old 01-17-2009, 03:04 AM
wow sorry i doughted you tex n just pulled my right front off and found about 10 pounds of dried mud and crap so i did all my wheels and low and behold there was at least 30 pounds of stuff stuck to the back side of my rims well it filled up a five gallon bucket now the moment of truth the test ride and she rides like a dream wow goodyear will have to give me back my $ i hope do you know how to keep stuff from bulding up in that crack on the rim? maybe i could bondo the crack so no more junk will get in there or use this as a reason for new rims lol well thanks again

Quick Reply: shakes and wobbles