couple questions about wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
couple questions about wheels?

im new to this forum and this question has probably been asked hundreds of times. i am the proud owner of a 06 supercrew 4x4 with a 6'' pro comp lift. at this time i still have the stock wheels (17'') with 33's i was wondering what backspacing i would need on the new wheels? (20's) to fit. right now my stock wheels rub on my tie rod on any type of hard turn. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks p.s. i would like to get the new rockstar wheel if possible.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't remember what backspacing Pro COmp recommends but a 9 inch wheel with 5 inches of bs is the most common. Your rubbing is probably caused by a combo of a wide tire on the narrow oem wheel which has 5.5 inches of bs.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks but my tire isnt what rubbing my inside lip of my wheel is rubbing on my tire rod. i had recently install 1/4'' spacers to fix it but no luck still rub. like i had said i was really interested in the rockstars and i have seen a bunch on here and was wondering what the backspacing is that everyone is running. thanks plmk asap, william

Quick Reply: couple questions about wheels?