Has anyone had chrome problems with moto metal

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone had chrome problems with moto metal

I need advice my Motot metal wheels suck, after one year the chrome is pitting and the place i bought them from "a local offroad shop" will not warranty them because there dealer said the rims were not taken care of or it was brake dust that caused the pitting. Well i cleaned my rims and my rims were never black from brake dust so i know its not that, i think they just are not good quality. What do i do try to fight it or eat the 900.00 i spent on them and buy new ones.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by laford
I need advice my Motot metal wheels suck, after one year the chrome is pitting and the place i bought them from "a local offroad shop" will not warranty them because there dealer said the rims were not taken care of or it was brake dust that caused the pitting. Well i cleaned my rims and my rims were never black from brake dust so i know its not that, i think they just are not good quality. What do i do try to fight it or eat the 900.00 i spent on them and buy new ones.
Make a call to your local consumer protection agency about the shop. They sold the wheels so they should be the ones to back the warranty from the company up. Can also call the manufacturer which might do some good too.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:56 PM
I have looked at every moto metal warranty and it says to take it up with the shop that sold the wheels thats what sucks they could care less and moto metal has no phone numbers to any division of there company, but i had found some complaint forums on moto metal and where you can send your complaints. I will look up my local consumer protection agency and give that a try thanks for the advise.

Quick Reply: Has anyone had chrome problems with moto metal