Roters bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roters bad

Has anyone ever heard of all four roters going at 25k miles???(I bought the truck 1 mo. ago 24k miles on it)
I picked up an 06 4x4 scab, had some shimmy in the steeringwheel while braking at highway speeds, took it back where I bought it and they wound up changing all four roters (under warrenty) that was nice, but I hope this won't happen every 25k miles, I'm easy on the brakes, not towing,hauling anything
I hope this was an isolated case.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its nice they replaced all four rotors. Usually a steering wheel shimmy is just the front rotors. But yes all four rotors could be warped dues to many factors such someone rotating the tires and improperly torquing the wheels.

I wouldn’t say its normal for all four rotors to be warped at 25k miles. As long as the tech installed them properly you wont have a problem.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:45 PM
I posted a similar issue two weeks ago, "front end shimmy with moderate to hard braking going down hill". No others responded. I took the trailer up in the hills last weekend, got the brakes real hot and the shimmy seams to be gone. I understand from visiting with the service writer that the disks are not the greatest.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 AM
My 2007 150 2wd has the ****tiest factory brakes of any vehicle I have ever had. The stopping power is reasonable but with now 38k miles I have now had two sets of rotors get warped. I never tow, rarely haul anything at all, and when I do it's <1000lbs. and I don't drive particularly hard. But still. Warped at 19kish miles and again in the late 20's. So frustrating.

Quick Reply: Roters bad