Saw the hugest tires today !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw the hugest tires today !!!

DOT street legal ones anyway ! They were 54" tall, and 19.5" wide ! They had one mounted on a 20", at 4 Wheel Parts in Sacramento.

They also had a 46" x 16". The guy that I was dealing with, said he had had a set of the 46" tires on his F250, with a 15" lift :-) That's way too big and bad for my wallet, but I'd like to see a truck like that in person !

Anyway, got my BFG AT's 285/70-17"s and my Pro Comp 7089's.... but have to wait until tomorrow to get them mounted and balanced.
Okay now, in time, they might start to look way smaller.... but I put one up beside my stock tires and they looked substantially bigger, and WAAAY more agressive than those stock Michelins :-)

The ProComp 7089's looked even better in person ! Love the finish... not glossy, but not so flat, that they look dark gray either..... Just as satiny BLACK as black gets ! Should match the rest of the black on my truck to a "T" :-) Whoo Hoo ! Stoked :-)

Peace,
Fish

Oh, here's a link to see those 54" tires :-) > http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techart...ire/index.html

Last edited by Fish Chris; 07-07-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
I really need to stop buy there. I'm heading down to Sac this week (I think), I should try and stop by!

As for the tires, that is crazy! I saw a truck that had to have had something that big on them before. The guy driving it (shorter) had a ladder to get in and out.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Chris,
I am leaning towards the same wheels and tires as you. Post pics when you get them on.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey Roush....

yes, it's really easy to get to. Just take the ElCamino exit off of Capitol City freeway (Bus. 80) and boom, it right there 100 yards from the exit. They had a pretty good selection of all the wheels I've been seeing, in stock..... right there where I could actually see them in person.... But even so, looking through all of the wheels, I didn't have any second thoughts, or regrets about the wheels I bought :-)

The Dale Earnhardt Junior wheels looked GREAT in person too (I considered those for a while) but they just wouldn't work with my blackout styling idea. I'd have bought those DEJ's (machined and black) before I would have gotten any chrome ones though.... But that's just me.

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey Blue....

for sure, for sure :-)

Yea' for anybody who was looking for "flash" these would NOT be the wheels for them. But just for solid, tough looking, no nonsense, classic 6 spoke design, I think they are going to be hard to beat.

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-07-2008, 04:28 PM
What size did you go with? 17x8 or 17x9? Backspace?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:37 PM
the 54" Bogger. My daughter sat in one of those tires when i was at 4wp in Tampa. its BIG.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Tire look like this ?

Crapp quality I know, but ya get the point ! A 54" bogger sits about 4.5 FEET in the air !!!

Old 07-07-2008, 04:59 PM
heres my brother standing next to some 53"

Old 07-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Yea ! :-)

How cool are those ? :-)

That's some bad-*** paint on that.... uh... {cough, choke} Chevy too, huh ? ;-)

I would absolutely love to own something so "useless" as a show truck with tires like that ! :-) Then slap an 8000wt stereo system in it, and you would be good to go :-)

Hey, it's not "what we need"... but rather, "what we want" right ?

Fish

Old 07-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
How cool are those ? :-)

That's some bad-*** paint on that.... uh... {cough, choke} Chevy too, huh ? ;-)

I would absolutely love to own something so "useless" as a show truck with tires like that ! :-) Then slap an 8000wt stereo system in it, and you would be good to go :-)

Hey, it's not "what we need"... but rather, "what we want" right ?

Fish
haha ya. that chevy is a pure show truck. its fun to see him driving it around sometimes though

Old 07-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Suspended
I saw some tires like that on a modified jeep. It was at a crawler convention. Those tires are for some serious offroading, not for looking pretty...

Old 07-07-2008, 06:23 PM
esf
Yeah those 54" Boggers have been out for quite some time now. I wish they had deeper tread. The tread depth isn't proportional to the size of the tire. It looks like half the tires tread is gone already. I know that's just how it is though. There is plenty of tread there to get the job done. And just for the record, there is another 54" tire but it's really hard to come by. Kat Kustoms in Ohio rebuilt a truck for a guy out of Texas. The tires are mainly used for large firetrucks at airports. Custom wheels had to be made to fit them.

This is how it arrived after the owner drove it up from Texas to Ohio.

The After.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah, the 54" Boggers are kind of old news.

FourWheeler ran them on their Mega Titan when they came out.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
yes, it's really easy to get to. Just take the ElCamino exit off of Capitol City freeway (Bus. 80) and boom, it right there 100 yards from the exit. They had a pretty good selection of all the wheels I've been seeing, in stock..... right there where I could actually see them in person.... But even so, looking through all of the wheels, I didn't have any second thoughts, or regrets about the wheels I bought :-)

The Dale Earnhardt Junior wheels looked GREAT in person too (I considered those for a while) but they just wouldn't work with my blackout styling idea. I'd have bought those DEJ's (machined and black) before I would have gotten any chrome ones though.... But that's just me.

Peace,
Fish
Cool man! Thanks for the directions!

Quick Reply: Saw the hugest tires today !!!