Give me the go on whether it will fit or not.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give me the go on whether it will fit or not.

I have a 2006 F-150 Crewcab 4x4 XLT. It even has the upgraded chrome package. 18x 7.5 Stock chrome wheels.

I am getting a leveling kit for the front, either a 2.5" or 3". Will the 3" require any extra parts over the 2.5"?

Basically what I want to do is, lift the front 2.5"-3", depending on your feedback. I want to keep my stock chrome wheels for now, they are too sharp looking to replace, and upgrade to 35" aggressive looking tires. I love the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, but have been told they may rub. Any way of alleviating this other than changing tire options? I like the ATZs as well. Dont care for the Nittos, but Toyos and Pro Comps are possibilities.

Will Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, 35x12.50R18s fit my stock 18x7.5 wheels? If so, will they rub with only a leveling kit. I am looking at the Hell Bent Steel leveling kit if that makes a difference.

Lots of questions from a total noob to lifted trucks, but really want this to work.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can fit a 35x12.50 tire using the OEM wheels and a 2 or 2.5 inch leveling kit. You will have some minor rubbing on the control arms at full steering lock. I'd stay away from the 3 inch kit as it creates ball joint angles that are way to severe.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks man, I'll go with 2.5" kit then. Good to hear the tires will work as well.

One last question though, is there anyway to alleviate the rubbing on the control arms? Will wheel spacers suffice to get the tire out a little further and keep it from rubbing?

Can't wait to fix er up, its goin to be a beaut when I finish.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TEmbry
One last question though, is there anyway to alleviate the rubbing on the control arms? Will wheel spacers suffice to get the tire out a little further and keep it from rubbing?
I, as well as Wandell or any body else that knows anything about wheel spacers, will say DO NOT put them on. They are very dangerous. The rubbing will be very minor.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RIght. Plus if you space the tires out some to eliminated the rubbing on the control arms you will probably create rubbing on the wheelwells.

Quick Reply: Give me the go on whether it will fit or not.