Best tire for me???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best tire for me???

I drive a 97 f150 4x4 orp and i am about to put on a 3'' body and more than likely 20x9 ion alloy black 136's but I don't know which tire is the best for me. I know i definately want a mud terrain. I want the best ride possible but I also want the tires loud too so everyone can here me coming down the street lol. It is my daily driver so I would like something that has a little bit of tread life. I was almost certain that I was about to purchase the toyo m/t's but I recently read a post that said toyo's do not do well on larger rims. What are yall's suggestions?

Old 06-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok first things first! the Toyos are a great tire and last very long for a MT. The reason these tires dont perform well on big wheels is because they are a very hard compound rubber, if you add that to a tire with virtually no sidewall theres not much room for the tire to flex over obstacles.

Id suggest a 18" wheel max if you plan to wheel the truck.

Theres a very few companies that make MT's for a 20" wheel. Im geussing the only ones you are gonna find in a 35" tire is gonna be Super Swamper Iroks, Nitto Mud Grapplers, Toyo MT's, Mickey Thompson MTZ

Actually now that ive thought about it go take a look at Mickey Thompson MTZ's i saw a set at the local 4x4 shop here and they look great nice tread design! Take a look

Old 06-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go with a quality radial mud terrian tire like the Toyo MT, BFG MT KM (or KM2), Mickey Thompson MTZ, or **** Cepek Mud Country. The Mud Grappler performs well and it is extremely loud but it also wears quickly.

Quick Reply: Best tire for me???