How to fix speedo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to fix speedo?

I searched a little, but I wanted to ask anyways. What does everyone reccommend as a SAFE way to correct the speedo after a tire increase? I hear a lot of different ideas, and I'd like to get some input. Tuner, scanguage, etc? Where to buy?

Thanks!

EDIT: I will be returning to stock-ish size in winter, so I need something easy like plug and play. Thanks!

Old 05-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Just about all programmers allow you to recalibrate the speedo at least on 99+ trucks, if its earlier than that you need to manually changed the VSS gear, but you have a 99 so you should be good. Hell Autozone may lend you a scanner and change it right there in the parking lot.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:53 AM

Yep! Get a programmer like an X-Cal II/III or an Edge or whatever. Reset your speedometer and enjoy some tunes as well!

Old 05-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Question

i have a question????i just got my gryphon in yesterday and i calibrated for my larger tires... does the programmer change my truck's speedometer or does the correct speed only show up on the programmer??or both.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Sounds good - thanks guys. The main thing was the "safe" aspect. I hear stories about this programmer did this, cost me that, etc. I'm just one who likes to be sat down and told person to person that a programmer is not the devil

I did a lot of studying last night - I'll have to weigh my options as to what I want. Thanks all

Old 05-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by BLACKOUT-FX4
i have a question????i just got my gryphon in yesterday and i calibrated for my larger tires... does the programmer change my truck's speedometer or does the correct speed only show up on the programmer??or both.
does anyone know the answer to my question?

Old 05-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

i dont know if this is true or not,,,,a mechanic at the ford dealer told me that when u use the programmers to tune and change settings in the computer that the computer will eventually go back to origanal settings on its own after awile[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: How to fix speedo?