Caliper problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brake caliper problems

This has been going on quite regularly but yet goes away and shows up when I need slow down to stop usually from 35 mph to 0, it doesn't do it when going from 75mph to 0 during rush hour. What the hell gives!!!

I thought I had chased it down to the slider bolts and had the problem fixed. I have narrowed it down to the side that sqeaks and squels but it doesn't help me as i don't know what the hell the problem is or whats causing it. Sometimes the pedal is sensitive and barely touching it will lock up the brakes and they make tons of noise stopping.

I would rather rebuild my calipers if possible since dual piston calipers are more expensive, than the singles for my F-body. At this time I don't give a ratsass if I have to buy new parts I like DIY but one day I fear I wont be able to stop when it counts.

Last edited by FordsRock98; 05-24-2014 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Reoccuring problems
Old 04-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like a collapsing rubber brake hose that attaches to the caliper. They tend to get weak and collapse internally.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by torkum
Sounds like a collapsing rubber brake hose that attaches to the caliper. They tend to get weak and collapse internally.
Do you know if anyone is making braided hose kits for the front of 97-98 F-series? Don't really need them for the rear since they are drums

Quick Reply: Caliper problems