Suggestions on cleaning rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions on cleaning rims

First time poster - Virginity lost

Any suggestions on how to clean my rims? They are ULTRA rims and came on the truck when I bought it (2003 SCREW). They are not stainless, must be alloy. I had no issues for the 1st year to 18 months, then I washed my truck and two weeks later had some nasty grime on the rims. I attempted to clean off, but the stuff was practically welded on. I got a rim cleaner but that had no chance despite the great claims on the bottle. So then I got some Mother's cleaner and that did nothing, then got some other expensive name brand that also had a lot of claims and that did nothing. As a last resort I tried my pressure washer but that was a waste of time. I had my brakes checked and they are fine, still want to get them changed to something that won't do the same thing again. Can't wait to go to black rims

Any help would be appreciated - My new canopy is on its way and I can't have a shiny new top and nastry rims.

Tim

Old 02-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
might wanna post up some pics so we know what your working with. and try posting in the detailing section those guys know their stuff

Quick Reply: Suggestions on cleaning rims