Raised white lettering

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raised white lettering

Ok, dumb question. I got a steal on a set of 35" BFG AT KO's but they don't have the raised white lettering, which I am a HUGE fan of. Is there any chance of filling in the white letters myself? Does anyone know of a paint thats made for this application? Or am I friggin dreamin?
And by the way, I don't think I've ever seen 35's with the RWL, do they not make them?

Old 12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
They sell a pencil at a auto store. A few years ago alot of people used too paint the letter on street bike tire. Goodluck Ben

Old 12-19-2007, 10:57 PM
I've never used it myself, but I've seen it advertised. It looks like it might work for what you're wanting to do. I'm interested to hear how long it lasts.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/hottires.html

And yes, there are 35" BFG AT's with raised white letters. Checking the specs...the only 35's without RWL are the 315/70R17 (stockers for the Hummer H2) and the LT325/50R22.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs...t-a-ko/44.html

Old 12-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by alpin45
Ok, dumb question. I got a steal on a set of 35" BFG AT KO's but they don't have the raised white lettering, which I am a HUGE fan of. Is there any chance of filling in the white letters myself? Does anyone know of a paint thats made for this application? Or am I friggin dreamin?
And by the way, I don't think I've ever seen 35's with the RWL, do they not make them?
There was an article in Sport Truck mag. a while back on how to make your own white walls. They used some latex (rubber) based paint, don't remember the name. Also, it said that most tires have the white part (lettering or stripe) under the black rubber, so some sanding might knock off the black and let the white show thru. Anyway, you would have to really take your time to get them looking right.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Note also that most of the paint pens they sell in auto parts stores, are the exact same paint pen sold in most hobby shops where you can buy model planes and cars. You'll notice the only difference is the label they wrap around the pen. The hobby shop will have them under the Testors brand and is usually a few bucks cheaper. I've used these on my sport bike tires and they turn out looking very good, but have to be reapplied about every 3-6 months.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen
Note also that most of the paint pens they sell in auto parts stores, are the exact same paint pen sold in most hobby shops where you can buy model planes and cars.
Yep, that's where I used to buy them too

Old 12-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Ok, thanks for the info guys. First off I will check to see if there is white under the rubber and if not I will give the paint pen a try.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Ok, thanks for the info guys. First off I will check to see if there is white under the rubber and if not I will give the paint pen a try. And yeah, they are the 315/70/r17's.

Quick Reply: Raised white lettering