need help on alignment

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry need help on alignment

I went to the shop this Saturday and bought 24" rims on 315/35/24 and the owner informed me that if he I did not align the care he would void the warranty. so I fell for it and did it. now the steering wheel when driving straight forward is tilted to the left and the car is pulling right. I took it to the shop yesterday was there for 5 hours and now the steering wheel is tilted to the right when going straight and it pulls to the right also. I already paid so I don't want to go somewhere else but what can I do to see if they are doing a right job or not. also when I am going like 70 on the high way the car starts shacking and vibrating everywhere. what could that be they told me the wheels were balanced properly. thanks for your help.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to tell you this, but it sounds like the shop is shooting you a line of bs, plus they are incompetent. The steering wheel not being aligned and the truck pulling is most likely caused by improper alignment due to an error by the technician. The vibration is most likely caused by improper balance but it is possible a wheel or tire has a defect. Also, if you truck was origionally driving fine and the tires were wearing evenly, you alignment was fine and they had no reason to mess with it other than trying to increase profits at their shop.

Quick Reply: need help on alignment