tires rubbin'

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question tires rubbin'

I recently bought a f250 super duty it came with 17x9 ultra stargazers (37x13.5tires) and my front tires rub on my leaf springs when I turn real sharp. The ultra website said the wheels have 4.5" of backspacing and a -12 offset but another wheel website said they had a 12 offset. Im going nuts trying to find wheels that will keep my tires off my springs I even called 4wheel parts and they said "welcome to proud ownership of a super duty" you would think they would want to sell some wheels. Is there a wheel that allows you to turn the wheel all the way without rubbing or do I have to get used it.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How bad is the rubbing? You may have to get used to it, because most aftermarket wheels for your truck have 4.5 inches of backspacing. If you went to a 10 inch wide wheel with the same backspacing, it will only stretch the tire outward slightly. The downside of that is you may cause rubbing on the other side (bumper and rear of wheelwell). I think SD's have steering stops that can be adjusted so that the wheels don't turn as far.

Quick Reply: tires rubbin'