Mastercraft

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mastercraft

It looks like I won't be able to meet the deadline to buy the Extreme A/T @ buy 3 get one free. I plan to have my lift,wheels and tires purchased by the end of the week. If this happens, I might have to go the not so popular route for a tire. what do you guys think about this tire?

To go with these wheels?

Last edited by BlackFX4inTN; 10-30-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The wheel looks pretty good. What made you go with that tire?

Old 10-30-2007, 05:16 PM
A buddy of mine had them on his Dodge. 35x12.50 17 He got them at a discount from a distiribution center here in Memphis for $169 a tire. He seems to love them. This is definitely a last resort. I was reading a thread on the Toyo's and they made reference to the Cooper SST M/T's being similar to the Toyos. I kind of like them. I'm just really gathering some research and opions before going out and getting all of this. Thanks for the reply.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:34 PM
I have the Courser Mud Terrains on my truck and am happy with them. I asked around before i bought them and they are supposed to wear very well. The road noise is minimal and they handle great on road IMO. I would buy them again as of now. I have only put like 1,000 miles on them though.
They are made by cooper tire from what i understand.
Oh and i paid $775 with mounting and balancing for 35/12.50/16's

Last edited by Kevin24; 10-30-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:47 PM
wheres the distribution place?

They look like good tires. Personally I would wait for what you really want. Its better to be patient, even though its real stinkin hard, then settle for a temporary fix and then end up buying what you want anyway.

The X a/ts are pretty sweet too.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:47 PM

They look like good tires. Personally I would wait for what you really want. Its better to be patient, even though its real stinkin hard, then settle for a temporary fix and then end up buying what you want anyway.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tnsilverfx4

S&S tire on Warford.I think you are supposed to have a business or something. But they sell to Firefighters

Trending Topics

Old 10-30-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree you should be a bit patient unless your happy with that selection. I have a buddy with the courser m/t's and he's happy with them.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Hash278
I agree you should be a bit patient unless your happy with that selection. I have a buddy with the courser m/t's and he's happy with them.
Yeah, I agree. I keep jumping from tire to tire thinking this is what I want. I'm OCD so I don't know if I'll ever know for sure. My gut tells me to go with the Nitto MG's. Then I think, they'll wear too fast. I'd also like the Ext A/t. But the sale goes off tomorrow. I like the Cooper SST's as well as the Mastercrafts. I go back and forth pricing these things and change my opinion 3-4 times a day. I'm about to say forget it and go with what looks the best to me... the Nitto MG

Old 10-30-2007, 09:32 PM
I would re-think your last choice!!! I had a truck pass me with those on the other day at about 40 mph and they are real freekin loud!!!!
The coopers were my first choice but i couldn't afford them.
You really need to decide if you want a MT or AT.

Old 10-30-2007, 09:52 PM
I have had 2 sets of courser C/T 's and they were a pretty good tire, I got 45,000 out of each set, and they were on a 82 K2500 GMC 4x4. They were 33x12.50x16.5's. I would go with a different route, unless you are going to be staying on the street 95% of the time

Old 10-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin24
I would re-think your last choice!!! I had a truck pass me with those on the other day at about 40 mph and they are real freekin loud!!!!
The coopers were my first choice but i couldn't afford them.
You really need to decide if you want a MT or AT.
Kevin, the noise wouldn't bother me at all with the nitto MG. The wife and kid, i'm not so sure. I've heard some folks describe the sound of these similar to an airplane, lol, whatever. I really think that might be the tire I go with, as long as I keep them rotated I should be ok with the wear.

Cowboy, those coursers, I'm definitely going to keep them in mind. Everyone that I have talked to that has had them has had nothing but good things to say about them.

I found some Coopers for 228 a tire here
http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ShowLarge=True

As far as choices, that leaves me with:

1. Nitto MG's
2 ProComp Extreme A/T's
3 Cooper Discoverer STT's
4.MasterCraft Coursers

Thanks for all of your input. I'm sure I'll have a decision by the end of the week.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Your wear with regular rotations wont be very good. I would definitely get #2, 3, or 4.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:09 AM
Just because the sale is over you're not going to buy the tire you want?
You are only saving about $300. I know you can buy alot of things with 300 bucks, but you should really buy what you want.

Nitto MG's look good, but you are better off with something less aggressive that will last longer if its gonna be on the street.

Heres your justification. Pay less now for MG's, have them wear out in a year, buy new set of tires. Or, spend 300 extra bucks now, have tires that dont sound like an MD 11 flying overhead, and have them last longer.

In the end, you should really just do what you want so you don't regret it later.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:45 AM
I see your point, and I'm not really avoiding the ProComps because the sale went off. It had a little influence on my decision but it was in no way the determining factor. I'm still looking around at prices and if I find some Ex A/T at an excellent price, I might get them. I've always thought that the MGs looked the best. I just wasn't sure on their tread life. I'm at 16,000 miles on my truck, and these pirelli scorpions aren't looking too good, but then again I only rotated them once. If I could get 16,000 out of those MG's Id be ecstatic. If they wear down, I'll spend little to nothing and go with the Mastercraft, or who knows, the Pro Comps. Right now, I love the MG's.

Quick Reply: Mastercraft