F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Wheels, Tires & Brakes (https://www.f150online.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes-29/)
-   -   Rotors For Carquest Blues..?? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes/290326-rotors-carquest-blues.html)

Ratz Azzz 06-19-2007 12:00 AM

Rotors For Carquest Blues..??

I'm thinking about throwing some Carquest Blues on my 04 Screw...If you guys could recommend a decent set of rotors at a good price I would apprecite it greatly...Thank You all in advance..!

Ratz

bamorris2 06-19-2007 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ratz Azzz
I'm thinking about throwing some Carquest Blues on my 04 Screw...If you guys could recommend a decent set of rotors at a good price I would apprecite it greatly...Thank You all in advance..!

Ratz

Without breaking the bank (Powerslots), Napa makes a pretty good rotor for our trucks. I have their Ultra Premium rotors. Quality seems to be very good.

BlacknGold 06-22-2007 06:43 PM

I just bought these www.frozenrotors.com. I know they are not the cheapest but are a good investment. I got the power slot versions and they brake ALOT better. I did notice that the carquest pads smell funny.

BLUE20004X4 06-22-2007 10:14 PM

While at Carquest, get the better of the choices for rotors, usually they ask ya if you want the cheaper, or the more expensive, go more expensive. Not much else is needed to be known, a rotor is a rotor, some are thicker and less prone to warpage etc, that explaining the more $$$.

SRockwood 06-23-2007 01:39 AM

Contrary to popular advice here, I bought the el cheapo China-rotors since they work so well on our racecar. So far, I've towed with them and got stuck in some downhill rush hour traffic (0-30-0-40-0-50mph over and over again down the Cajon Pass, a pretty steep grade here in So Cal) and the blues I have were visibly smoking. No warping at all, hell no grooves or anything other than perfectly flat wear. I've also had to do some downhill stops with about a pallet's worth of cinder block and another occasion with 22 90lb bags of concrete in the back on the same hill (pretty damned steep hill, ~5o-0 mph, Dad needed something larger than his Frontier to haul this stuff) with no ill effects.

So, despite warnings my rotors would warp and cause my ultimate doom, they've worked they way they should.

98Navi 06-24-2007 02:28 PM

You can usually get away with the cheaper rotors, but less probelms develop using the more expensive premium name ones. Bendix, Wagner, etc.. all cost more, but they usually don't go foul on you as "whitebox" rotors tend to do in some cases.

hivoltagefx4 06-24-2007 04:09 PM

Anyone ever try rotors from R1Concepts? I'm thinking about getting a set but would like to see if anyone has tried them yet?

There site is:

http://www.r1concepts.com/

starplex 06-26-2007 04:55 PM

I too am interested in knowing if anyone has tried the R1concepts rotors.... Seem to be a good price for what they are offering.
Comments please.

Bluejay 06-26-2007 04:59 PM

I went with the Raybestos since that was what the parts store had on a Saturday. Thicker than the factory rotors. Had to replace them for bad bearings. No problems at all.

05supercrew 06-27-2007 08:53 AM

Someone on this site has them and said they work very well. But R1 is in the middle of relocating there business. I have been trying to contact them for 6 days now and no one has return my call and most of there mail boxes are full. Im going to look else where now.

05supercrew 06-27-2007 09:21 AM

Is anyone using these Car Quest Blues with 33'' tires? And how is the dust on these pads?

Bluejay 06-27-2007 10:08 AM

Something to keep in mind if/when you get ready to do the rotors, assuming you have a 2-wheel drive. The nut holding the rotor on takes a huge azz deep socket. I think it was maybe a 57mm. I know it was between 1 1/4" and 1 1/2". Not a socket many folks have in their box.:coffee:

05supercrew 06-27-2007 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by bluejay432000
Something to keep in mind if/when you get ready to do the rotors, assuming you have a 2-wheel drive. The nut holding the rotor on takes a huge azz deep socket. I think it was maybe a 57mm. I know it was between 1 1/4" and 1 1/2". Not a socket many folks have in their box.:coffee:

Thanks, I do have the sockets but my truck is 4x4, I just removed the decals. Im looking to do this in the next 2 weeks.

05supercrew 06-27-2007 02:55 PM

I just ordered rotors from R1 back and front slotted and dimpled not drilled and kevelar brake pads shipped to my house $401.99 Its going to take 8 working days to get to me. You can order the rotors the way you want them either drilled, slotted or dimpled or a combination.

Screw-Me-05 06-27-2007 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by 05supercrew
I just ordered rotors back and front slotted and dimpled not drilled and kevelar brake pads shipped to my house $401.99 Its going to take 8 working days to get to me. You can order the rotors the way you want them either drilled, slotted or dimpled or a combination.

FROM ? r1concepts :help: