New Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Tires

I'm torn between Toyo Open Country M/T's and Nitto Terra Grapplers. There close in price for 35/12.50R20, but I was wondering if there is a better choice of the two? Thanks

Old 06-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
If you plan any highway driving, go with the Toyo's.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Both are excellent tires. You just need to decide if you need a mud tire.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im going to have to disagree with you paw paw...if he is going to be doing mostly highway driving then i would definitely recommend the nitto terra grappler over the toyo open country m/t...the nitto is going to get better tread life, more even tread wear, and give a smoother, quieter ride when compared to the toyo M/t...the terra grappler is the all terrain that nitto offers and is regarded pretty highly by those who use all terrains, i would place it second only to the BFG all terrain in terms of popularity and ratings. If he wants a mud terrain and thinks he can warrant the shorter tread life that comes with that type of tire then he should go with the Toyo, if he wants a quiet, smoother riding, longer lasting tire then the Terra grappler is the obvious choice.. he is really comparing apples to oranges here, i agree with wandell, he should decide if he really needs the mud terrain tire and then compare a couple of the top rated mud terrains, if he wants an all terrain then compare some of the top rated all terrains to see which one has the features and price that he likes.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
My mistake, I was thinking Nitto Mud Grapplers! I agree for everyday on road use I'd go with the Nitto's AT's. I have a set of Toyo AT's which are close to the Nitto's and they are a good AT also. If you do need a good mud tire and do a lot of hwy driving the Toyo MT is hard to beat.

Quick Reply: New Tires