BFG T/A vs. Dueler Revo's

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool BFG T/A vs. Dueler Revo's

So I'm a little torn in which direction to go. On one hand I want a good looking tire and IMHO the BF's are the choice. I've got an '04 FX4 w/ 18's and would like to move to a 285/65/18 for a little bigger tire and the BF's offer an aggressive tread. However, I'm not looking forward to any extra road noise, poor handling, and loss of power due to the 50% increase in weight over the stock Rugged Trails. So then I look towards the Revo's which according to tirerack.com is rated better, less road noise and still offer some good looks (though not as good as the BF's). Unfortunately, they dont come in the 285/65/18's and I really like the raised white letters of the BF's. So i realize that everyone has their opinion and a lot of people have given it about the BF's but i'd like to hear a little more. My truck is stock at this time. Will I feel any difference in power, possible vibrating at high speeds, worst gas mileage, etc... Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:19 AM
I really like the Revo. It has recieved really high reviews. I am probably a little baised though since I work for Bridgestone but I do have insider information. And, from what I hear about them I would definitely spring for the Revo. Since you live in a colder climate I will note that they have supurb snow and ice traction for an all season tire. The Revo will probably be quieter than the BF.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by rtpf150
I really like the Revo. It has recieved really high reviews. I am probably a little baised though since I work for Bridgestone but I do have insider information. And, from what I hear about them I would definitely spring for the Revo. Since you live in a colder climate I will note that they have supurb snow and ice traction for an all season tire. The Revo will probably be quieter than the BF.

I have the Revos on my truck now and like them a lot. A ton better than the Goodyears that came with the truck. I also work for Bridgestone/Firestone, so I got a heck of a deal on them too.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:21 PM
I have had multiple sets of BFG TA/KO's and they are great. Best tires I have ever owned. They go through snow/ice, sand, mud and dirt. I see you live in Maine so you get a similar winter to us in Michigan. My goodyears on the stock 18's are just about worn out, and I can't wait to but the BFG's on. I am just trying to decide between the 285/65/18 and the 305/65/18.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had 2 sets of Revo's, they are great tires. They are good on the road, did not have much road noise until they started to get worn down. They also did great in the rain and snow and preformed good in the mud. My brother had a set of BFG's on a Blazer and he swears by the BFG's. From my expreiences I think the if you are not going to see alot of offroad use then the Revo's might be better choice because it does seem that the BFG's do a better off road.

Regardess these are both great tires A/T tires and you'll be happy with either.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:42 PM
I just put a set of Revos on Tuesday. They are great. They are very quiet and smooth.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Another vote for the REVO's here. I have a set on my 4runner and when it comes time for tires on my truck I will be going with a set of REVO's.

-Brian

Trending Topics

Old 02-22-2007, 08:32 PM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I preferred the Revos on my last truck to the BFG AT on my current truck. Not quite apples to apples, but I think the Revos is the better tire.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by n8er00
So I'm a little torn in which direction to go.... :
I've got exactly the same truck and situation as n8er00.... I've worn out my second set of Rugged Trails, and won't put another set on. I drive about 50,000 miles a year, but at the same time do a lot of snowplowing and off-roading with my FX4. I was leaning toward the 285/65/18 T/A KO, but it appears the Revo in 265/70/18 is the same exact height (32.6"), but about 3/4" narrower (and $70 less per tire).

I spend quite a few miles pulling a car hauler loaded with lumber on rough gravel roads, and the BFG appears to be a pretty stout tire (10 PLY?). Is one tire better than the other in snow? How about mud? Will I see any loss in milage with the heavier/wider BFG?

Old 02-27-2007, 11:22 PM
I have the bfg 285/65/18's on my 04 FX4 and love them. Best tire i've owned in all the years i've owned trucks. They look awsome and not to mention they perform every bit as well as they look. They are quite a bit heavier though and also they are load range E which is a bit stiff for our trucks. I suffered ride a little bit but the pay off is well worth it IMO. I was also torn between the bfg's and the revo's but i made my decision and stand behind it. Also i have 10k on my bfg's and they look like brand new

Old 02-28-2007, 04:20 AM
in my opinion you cant beat BFG

Old 02-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by matthewfedex
in my opinion you cant beat BFG

That was my opinion for the longest time. I have had the BFG AT's on ALL of my trucks, however my last set, the 285/65-18, was the biggest piece of crap tire I have ever owned. Totally unable to be balanced. Feathered horribly, even with alignment/rotation. I can get pics of the horrid wear if you want, as they are laying in my garage right now. I had the Revo's on my Sequoia, and loved them. I run Toyo OC AT's on my truck now.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 AM
The Revo's came on my truck when i bought it used. They are pretty good-lookin' tires. They now have about 8-10k miles on them, and they still look great. I don't really like them as far as off the pavement. They are great on dry or even wet roads, and they're pretty good on gravel roads. I have not been impressed with them in any mud. I'm biased towards aggressive treads, and the Revo's are like aggressive street tires. They are quiet and ride great on the highway, but so do most other H/T-type tires.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
THE BFG KO'S HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ROAD NOISE.

I have 285/75/16's. I can sail on the highway at 80 MPH and hear nothing but my struggling engine. The KO's are the ultimate tire. During a few blizzards this past season, these tires are proven to be the ultimate tire. I was passing people doing 50 in 45 zone when they were doing 30 in the plowed lanes. I was on the outer where all the snow was being pushed out to. I was invincible.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have run the revo's and really liked them (265/70/17) i found in the wet and snow they bite like crazy even when almost to the wear bars too, i loved them, but whatever one you choose you cant go wrong the BFG'S are a good tire as well if you get those get the severe i would snow rated one's

Quick Reply: BFG T/A vs. Dueler Revo's