Squealing @$$ Brakes!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Squealing @$$ Brakes!!!!!

Did a brake job probably less than 10,000 miles ago and my brakes are starting to squeal like mad!! It's driving me bonkers and it does it all the time. ALL THE TIME. I got descent pads from NAPA and had the rotors turned and everything. Now, the new brake job just wont shut up. Is it just those pads, something else I can try...what??? Something has to be done though and I've never experienced this before. Thanks guys.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
squealing is often caused by sand getting between the pad and rotor or it can be a vibration caused by the pad. If it were mine, I would get Wagner Thermo Quiet pads and install them. I have never had a sound and there is very little dust.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you by chance get ceramic pads? If so, they should be warrantied and just tell em to shove them, get semi-metallics instead. That is exactly what happened to me. First brake job at 70k km's, I spring for the good stuff, 180 buck pads guaranteed, warrantied etc. Ten thousand km's later they squeel like pigs all of a sudden. Took them back, got the same ones, same thing at 7-8k km's so finally went to the semi-metallic's and everything has been fine. The first time, didn't do nothing to the rotors, second time had them cut, third time had them cut again for the semi-metallics and fourth time replaced them. The rears did the same and I fixed them the same.

Now, if that isn't it, try adding anti-seize to the points on the pad, caliper and bracket where it should go. Some people don't put anything and it happens, some use different stuff, sometimes it isn't enough or just wears away. Usually a disassembly and re-anti-seizing cures all. Let us know how you make out.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:52 PM
^^^^ What he said ^^^^
Ya gotta lube'em

Hey Blue20004X4,
where's your "Carquest "blue" semi-metallic pads" plug at?
They should be sending you commision checks!

Old 02-15-2007, 02:46 PM
F'n eh man, I ought to be like their field tester or something/ advertising agent. All kidding aside, business is business, Wall St., Main St., Easy St., it's all good. When I go through bad experiences, to help you all I will steer you clear as many have done for me. I knock the "gold" pads or ceramics, but pump up the "blue" ones of the same manufacturer. Then I go tell the guy at my Carquest store what I find so he can better advise customers. It is one hand washing another. I'm sure bluejay will agree, he has praised the Wagner Thermo-Quiet's alot too, just sharing his good experiences. This Ford loyal community is a kinda brotherhood, like the armed forces, we share good with the bad. I'd like to see a comradship like that from Toyota or Nissan or???

Old 02-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by BLUE20004X4
F'n eh man, I ought to be like their field tester or something/ advertising agent. All kidding aside, business is business, Wall St., Main St., Easy St., it's all good. When I go through bad experiences, to help you all I will steer you clear as many have done for me. I knock the "gold" pads or ceramics, but pump up the "blue" ones of the same manufacturer. Then I go tell the guy at my Carquest store what I find so he can better advise customers. It is one hand washing another. I'm sure bluejay will agree, he has praised the Wagner Thermo-Quiet's alot too, just sharing his good experiences. This Ford loyal community is a kinda brotherhood, like the armed forces, we share good with the bad. I'd like to see a comradship like that from Toyota or Nissan or???
Absolutely, that is what is so helpful about this site. If something works or doesn't work, we are able to share.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:50 AM
I know and agree! I just got a chuckle that you made that post without the plug!! BlueJay got his in!

It's all good! Just havin'a laugh.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by gonecampin
I know and agree! I just got a chuckle that you made that post without the plug!! BlueJay got his in!

It's all good! Just havin'a laugh.
If they would just do a search, we would not have to type it so often! I think I will just save my speel and copy and paste each time.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
If they would just do a search, we would not have to type it so often! I think I will just save my speel and copy and paste each time.
Yes, the SEARCH feature is an extremely useful tool. Maybe they should make the search button half the size of the computer screen!

Old 02-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I know fellas, search especially lately there has been alot of talk of ceramics and semi-metallics yaddyadda. Many listen and that's a plus, still waiting on my profit sharing cheque from Carquest, oh well.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Global Moderator &

Yep, I notified Wagner that they owed me a commission, they didn't even respond.

Quick Reply: Squealing @$$ Brakes!!!!!