Interco Ltb Biasply Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interco Ltb Biasply Anyone?

Im Looking At The 34x10.50x17 Interco Ltb Tires For My 04 But Found Out They Are Biasply Anyone Tried These Or Have Any Experiance With Bias On Newer Truck? They Are Cheap And A Good Size But Like To Get Some Other Opinions?? If U Have Them Id Like To See Pics Too

Old 02-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AZFX4
Im Looking At The 34x10.50x17 Interco Ltb Tires For My 04 But Found Out They Are Biasply Anyone Tried These Or Have Any Experiance With Bias On Newer Truck? They Are Cheap And A Good Size But Like To Get Some Other Opinions?? If U Have Them Id Like To See Pics Too
I've tried two sets of biased swampers, Thornbirds, and tsl/sx and they both shook like mad, could not get them to balance up. But that was also on a Toyota, no experience with them on my Ford.

Old 02-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the love of God don't do it man!

If you are a lifeguard who lives on the beach and stays on the beach go with **** cepek fun country's. If you are a farmer or oil field worker who is living on site in a tropical forest chose the tsl's. Otherwise go radial. Trust me you will be happy you did. Nitto makes a very aggresive mud in a radial as does Toyo"Nitto's sister co." and any number of companys.. Such as Bfg,bridgestone. Etc. I had 37x12.50-17 goodyear mtr's and they rode fantastic for what was involved. Bias tires are what my dad and your grand dad used on their cars. Plain old and I do mean old technology. Also Nitto,Toyo and Gdy's m/t's are built in a segmented mold which is a major step forward as well.

Hope that helps.

Grapeape

Old 02-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bias ply tires are typically tougher in off road conditions than radials. However, they tend to wander on the highway, flatspot overnight and wear quickly. You would be much better off with a radial mud terrian tire like the BFG MT KM, Goodyear MTR or Toyo MT.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wandell
Bias ply tires are typically tougher in off road conditions than radials. However, they tend to wander on the highway, flatspot overnight and wear quickly. You would be much better off with a radial mud terrian tire like the BFG MT KM, Goodyear MTR or Toyo MT.
i agree had a few sets of bias on jeeps and the on street ride sucked, offraod they did great, i would save your money if that is the problem and get some radials

Quick Reply: Interco Ltb Biasply Anyone?