Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

Now I see many vehicles on this website...Which are all nice...Many pictures look like they are taken somewhere where there isn't alot of snow, Sleet etc. Because all the vehicle look great, and the rims look awesome..So what should I do living in NW Indiana where the winters are nasty and the road workers use alot of salt, and sand. I have Mickey Thompson Classic II rims that actually my first set pitted out on me and I couldn't clean them anymore, so I contacted Mickey Thompson "not him personally" but the company and they sent me new rims..Now I have the same problem they look nasty, rusted center cap, pitted and stained rims....Now my question is what is the best type of rim for the area that I live in...Chrome, Teflon, Highly Polished,, I really like the 16x10 PRO COMP X-TREME ALLOY 6079. Chrome Now is this the best way to go or what....Please help. Any answers will help me out making up my wife's mind in getting new rims.

The rims look good far away but upclose they are nasty If anybody is interested in seeing these nasty looking rims hollar at me...thanks again.

Last edited by chavez1975; 09-12-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:03 PM
I live not too far away from you and I run my chrome MB Motoring rims year round. I have no problems with mine. Keep them polished, and after a snow and they throw the salt and sand on the roads, clean them as soon as you can and they should be fine.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:13 PM
If you get polished rims, they need to be clear coated or you will have problems. Stock rims are your best bet even if its for the winter. Even chrome will flake in a few years with the harsh winters, seen it happen many times even if you keep up with them. Im going with a painted rim because of the winters here. Teflon is also a good choice, I have a friend that has them on his jeep and puts them through hell and its about 2 years and they look great. Plus they just rinse off. Good luck with what ever rim you choose.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:18 PM
IL6fan the rims that you have, do they come in a 16X10 wheel size..Because I like the wider look for my truck...If they do where is the best place to get them..are they only sold a discount tire..or not...

Old 09-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Only at Discount Tire as far I know. Not sure on the sizes. Mine are 17 x 8.5 Not sure what they have in the 16" size.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by IL6fan
I live not too far away from you and I run my chrome MB Motoring rims year round. I have no problems with mine. Keep them polished, and after a snow and they throw the salt and sand on the roads, clean them as soon as you can and they should be fine.
Nice rig 6fan! My MB Motoring wheels are similar to yours, except not
chrome.

Go Mark!! #6

Old 09-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by chavez1975
IL6fan the rims that you have, do they come in a 16X10 wheel size..Because I like the wider look for my truck...If they do where is the best place to get them..are they only sold a discount tire..or not...

Chavez.
Here is the web address for MB Motoring:
www.wheelsbymbmotoring.com
MB Motoring wheels are exclusively through Discount Tire/America Tire, etc.
Good luck with your decision. By the way, nice rig.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by mgsalida
Nice rig 6fan! My MB Motoring wheels are similar to yours, except not
chrome.

Go Mark!! #6
Thanks mg. Appreciate the compliment. I bought the chrome specifically because of living in Northern IL with the winters around here. If I lived in CA like yourself, I probably would have bought the polished.

GO MARK!! Been a proud fan for about 15 years now of Mark. Classiest driver in NASCAR IMO. Hope he can give it a run for the championship this year. At least he's in the Chase anyway.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by IL6fan
Thanks mg. Appreciate the compliment. I bought the chrome specifically because of living in Northern IL with the winters around here. If I lived in CA like yourself, I probably would have bought the polished.

GO MARK!! Been a proud fan for about 15 years now of Mark. Classiest driver in NASCAR IMO. Hope he can give it a run for the championship this year. At least he's in the Chase anyway.
Hey 6fan
Ya, I would really like to see Mark win the championship before leaving
Roush. Yes, I think he is the classiest driver. I've been a fan of his for a
long time too.