ABS question

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 01:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS question

Ok this is kind of a weird question, but I posted earlier about my ABS light coming on and off at weird times, and my brakes being spongy sometimes. And sometimes the brakes are real soft, and sometimes they are real hard....very weird. Anyway, tonight it clicked that the only time I have problems with my brakes are in the daytime when the heat is around 90 degrees. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Or better yet, know how to fix? I have no problems what-so-ever at night with my brakes once the temperature gets down to about 75ish...its only in the extreme heat that my brakes are affected...any comments would be helpful...thanks.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:23 AM
No direct help, but my ABS light just came on and stays on. Going to have it looked at.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:46 AM
It's Your Brake Fluid. It Might Be Getting To Hot And Starting To Foam. Also Over Time The Rubber In The Brake Lines Can Exspand When Pressure Is Applied. I Have A 99 4x4 And Been Dealing With The Same Troubles You Have. Try Changing The Fluid And Look At Those Lines. It Will Not Hurt... Tread Lightly

Quick Reply: ABS question