cutting out fenders?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cutting out fenders?

i saw a jeep today running 39s with a 4 inch lift and had IFS and was wondering if would get my fenders cut with my 4 inch rancho kit would that look stupid ..... i dont want to lift the truck does nothing anyways i just want more rubber and clearance......lifts dont give clearance...... i just wanna clear huge tires so when i got to my lake house in quebec i can go bogging with some huge 40s....... were can i get my fenders cut and like made to look good .....do i go to a body shop? 4wheelparts? no idea any suggestions?

was thinking bout this looking at trucks in the artic how they were running their huge tires but most were straight axle front...... anyways any suggestions is kewl

daver

Old 07-06-2006, 07:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think anyone makes cut out flares for an 04-07 F-150. I would suggest some of the prerunner style fiberglass fenders and bedsides if you want huge tires without a large lift.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is that a part i could order? could i order a set of fenders that can clear a bigger tire?

Old 07-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that one of the companies is Hannaman (spelling). The prerunner style fenders and bedsides are flared outward and have larger wheelwells usually. You could order them, but unless you have a lot of paint and bodywork experience, you will probably have to have a body shop install and paint them. You might try looking at Off Road Unlimited (ORU). THey sell a lot of prerunner accessories.

Quick Reply: cutting out fenders?