Sometimes shakes?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes shakes?????????????

I have asked this question before but still did not get a solution. Here's a little history; I have a 04 Screw FX4 that I bought with 11,000 miles, bone stock, no problems. I put a 2.5" autospring and 35" BFG Muds on the 18" FX4 rims, one of the tires was out of round and shook at 58-60 MPH, I had it road forced and they said it was bad, so BFG sent me a new one. I had it balanced and the truck seemed to be fine, then one day about one month ago (2000 miles after I put the new tire on) I experienced a full front end shake that started at about 20mph until 45mph and lasted about 5 minutes, with no apparent reason. It went away after that and didn't return until 2 weeks ago when the same thing happened. I had purchased a 4" Rancho lift with the 9000's 2 weeks ago so I figured I'd have that put on and take the autospring off because that might be the problem. So I had the Rancho put on, got a new alignment and all seemed fine until 2 days ago when the damn shaking started again the same as before with no apparent reason and then stopped within 5 minutes. I brought the truck in that day to a tire shop to have the front tires rebalanced, so I firgured the problem was gone until today when it started to shake again. I have got to fix this problem before it drives me crazy. I have concluded it wasn't the autospring or the rancho lift that is causing the problem due to the previous history.

Do you think it is a front end problem or is it one of the tires? I have to think it is a tire issue because that seems to be the common denominator, but obviously it is not a balance issue because it only shakes sometimes.

Help please.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:19 PM
My 97 f350 had 33x12.50x16.5s M/Ts on it and would shake from time to time at certain speeds/roads. It took a few trips to the balancer before it was right.

Good luck. Sorry I could have not been more help. I would definately suspect your tire/wheel being out of balance.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Hey Guys,

Found the problem! Even though it seem pretty far from where the vibration felt like it was coming from, it seem as though the e-brake on the new body style (04-present F-150) is sometimes sticky. I hardly ever used my e-brake so I didn't even think of it, then again the truck only shook about 4-5 times in the past 5 months, about the same number of times I used that damn brake.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Sometimes shakes?????????????