03 F150 Brakes

Old 01-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 F150 Brakes

Hew folks, just found this site and this is my first post.

Have an 03 F150 with FX package, had it since new. Have 30K miles on it. What should I expect for brake life/mileage? Truck is driven 50/50 street highway. Should I be checking the pads yet? Thanks.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the board! I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but the brakes on these trucks are not known for their reliability. Many people would say that you've been lucky to make it 30k without any brake problems. I would definitely start looking at your pads for wear, especially the fronts. Usually your rotors will warp before the pads wear down though. If your rotors do happen to warp, I recommend buying a set of Brembo OEM's from tirerack.com. Some people will try to have the rotors turned, but if the rotor was weak to begin with, it will be that much more prone to warp again after being turned. As far as pads go, that's an entirely different discussion. Some people swear by ceramic and some would rather swear at them. I stayed away from ceramics and went with EBC 6000 pads on my truck. I've been please thus far.

-Craig

Old 01-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Thanks

Thank you for the reply Craig. I pulled the front wheels and calipers this afternoon and saw that my pads were about 3/4 worn. Checked the rears and they were about half gone. No pulsing in the pedal so I just put new pads on the front and left the rears alone without turning any rotors. Road tested very good, what a difference by just changing the front pads. Went with the Warner semi metalic pads. Thanks again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 03 F150 Brakes