2 park brake upgrade ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 park brake upgrade ?

I have a 03 F150 4x4 with the 6" fabtech and 3" body with 37" rubber sitting on 20" rims. As all of you should assume it doesn't stop as well as it did stock. (but it looks a hell of a lot better in the dirt)

(1) After I blew my steering pump (at 38,000 ) I realised that one of my brake lines was showing cords. So i am now looking for a set of braided lines for a lifted truck. So far the only place I have been able to find is a shop that you bring your old lines in and they make new ones from scratch to match yours. There has to be an easier way... right? (I had to do this with my old truck)

(2) My truck stops, but not well under emergency situations. (I let a friend borrow the truck and they ran over a durango in rush hour traffic, don't worry the truck was fine. Only minor scratches in the front but the durango sustained a grand in damages ) It drives fine as long as you understand it's not a car; but since it is time to get new brakes anyway I figure this is a good time to upgrade. Any ideas on what will give me the most results for the money? Are new calipers that much of an inprovement for the money? I am mostly worried about stopping on road (I live down town seattle) Although I does see the dirt often.

All of your sudgestions are greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: 2 park brake upgrade ?