*Shakes*

Old 01-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Shakes*

Im pretty new to trucks as Im 16. I found a truck I like and it has some huge tires and a 6inch lift. I rode passenger and for the first time felt what it felt like to be in a huge truck. Is it normal for the steering wheel to start vibrating as soon as we take off? The guy told me it was because of the tires and their thread. Do all of you go through this as well?/ is it normal?

Old 01-13-2006, 10:01 PM
if your are thinking of buying it i would get it looked at by someone who knows there stuff instead of taking a chance

Old 01-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Yes My point being I thought since most of you forumers have modified trucks you all could help me out on this one. It doesnt shake bad but my parents want to make sure before shelling out the cash.

Old 01-14-2006, 04:43 AM
Originally Posted by Legion
Im pretty new to trucks as Im 16. I found a truck I like and it has some huge tires and a 6inch lift. I rode passenger and for the first time felt what it felt like to be in a huge truck. Is it normal for the steering wheel to start vibrating as soon as we take off? The guy told me it was because of the tires and their thread. Do all of you go through this as well?/ is it normal?
With a lift you can change your driveline angles, such that the driveshaft etc angle changes and causes vibration. Does teh vibration go away after takeoff? Most newer kits are supposed to maintain driveline angles, however, so you should have minimal vibration on take off. Steering vibe couild be from other things if it is noticed at speed. (wheels out of round, tires not balanced, out of alignment)

Old 01-14-2006, 02:44 PM
if its vibrating right away, like under 5mph i wouldn't buy it, thats probably not gonna be a tire problem unless they are incredibly out of round

Old 01-15-2006, 10:43 PM
vibration starts when the truck hits around 45-50 mph stops when he slows down.

Search this Thread