Did they change All Terrain T/As?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did they change All Terrain T/As?

Just curious:

Have they changed the way they make BFG All Terrain T/As?

I happened to browse around the Tire Rack reviews recently and was shocked to see that the Long Trails had higher snow ratings than the All Terrains.

While I liked the Long Trails for highway driving, the reviews (and my own experience) have always suggested that the ATs handle snow and ice much better than the all-season LongTrails.

Any comments?

Old 01-12-2006, 01:12 AM
I dont know why the snow rating is so low...I know everybody here says they do good in the snow, and Im pretty sure tirerack used to have them rated way better than that in the snow.

It probably has something to do with them re-doing their rating system...there didnt used to be 3 different snow ratings.

Old 01-12-2006, 10:03 AM
I've had both. I had the Long Trails on a Ranger and I currently have the AT KO's on my 150. The TA KO's are in my opinion the best all around AT tire available. I questioned the rating myself when I saw it one day just browsing around. They are excellent in the snow. The Long Trails for what they are did well in the snow also, but if I had to choose one over the other in a blizzard, give me the AT KO's anyday.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:41 PM
That is the rating given by the reviewers on the site. It means nothing. This tire is severe snow service rated.(http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/severe.jsp)

I have owned three sets of these tires on two different vehicles. Nothing stops these tires in the snow.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:45 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Look at the BFG site. http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgap...og/index_6.jsp

They rate winter traction at 10 for the AT and 7 for the Long Trail.

JMC

Quick Reply: Did they change All Terrain T/As?