problems with level kit.

Old 07-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problems with level kit.

Ok, new guy here. I have an 05 F-150 FX4 Screw cab. wanted to put the autospring 2.5 spacer/level kit in it. I didnt have the tools so I figure might as well have my dealership do it and then align it right off the bat. Well they cant get them in!! They cant hook the spindle back up to the ball joint, and when the top A arm comes down they pry on it and it hits the coil and still cant get it. When they jack up the lower control arm to bring up the spindle, the whole truck lifts up. But I think they had the jack in the middle of the control arm instead of the outside where it needed to be. So needless to say I have no level kit on my truck and my new rims and tires are here this weekend. 325/60/18 What would you guys do?? I am thinkin about taking it somewhere else that has a clue, cause their shop is run by Jerry himself. Thanks guys--Justin

Old 07-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by Rucraz2
Ok, new guy here. I have an 05 F-150 FX4 Screw cab. wanted to put the autospring 2.5 spacer/level kit in it. I didnt have the tools so I figure might as well have my dealership do it and then align it right off the bat. Well they cant get them in!! They cant hook the spindle back up to the ball joint, and when the top A arm comes down they pry on it and it hits the coil and still cant get it. When they jack up the lower control arm to bring up the spindle, the whole truck lifts up. But I think they had the jack in the middle of the control arm instead of the outside where it needed to be. So needless to say I have no level kit on my truck and my new rims and tires are here this weekend. 325/60/18 What would you guys do?? I am thinkin about taking it somewhere else that has a clue, cause their shop is run by Jerry himself. Thanks guys--Justin
I just installed my 2 in autospring this weekend without a problem. I have seen several other post in here install 2 1/2 without a problem. The one thing i noticed is that the jack needs to be at the most outward point, and make sure when jacking back into place that the swaybar link is guided into it's hole while jacking. Also i saw that another post used a ratchet strap wrap to pull it into place. Do a search on autospring and there are pics to show you. IT WILL FIT!!!

Old 07-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Justin,

Get your truck and find someone with a clue. Has to be someone in your area that works on truck suspensions/modifications.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:04 PM
I am just going to handle it myself. I could have done it and I know I can. I just didnt know how bad the alignment would be off, so thats why I thought I would letthem give it a shot. Now that I know it will just be a toe in, I will do it myself. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: problems with level kit.