center cap help, 03 17"

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
center cap help, 03 17"

hey, quick question... I picked up a set of these wheels cheap but they did not have the center cap. I thought my sawblade caps might fit but they do not. any of you have a set of these on your truck, I looked through a few of the gallerys but didn't see them. want to know what they look like, front or back so I can pick some up. I'll post some new pics of the truck with the wheels in a few days. They are Ford 17" 03 F150(maybe others) Part # 3L3Z-1007-AB
Thanks

Old 06-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Got more info from the other board, they are Heritage Wheels, very unique centercap.

This is what the look like on the truck.

Old 06-08-2005, 06:06 PM
What tires are those?
I like that combo.

I would check out fordpartsnetwork.com for replacement covers. I would call to make sure you are getting the right ones, their pictures and descriptions arent very good. But it looks like you need "Type 12", but its hard to say really.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks, they looked better than i was expecting.
I did check fordpartsonline found the illustration. they are a type 16 wheel and a type 12 cap. they show the part, but not the number, guess I could call for it.
they use fancy, capped lugnuts too.

the tires are 33x12.5x17 Procomp MTRs

just need to find someone selling the centercaps cheap now

Old 11-03-2006, 05:28 PM
UPDATE!
So it's been over a year and a half since I posted this and today I have closure.

I had been looking on and off for the heritage caps for these wheels, but they are hard to come by since they had such a short production run. Sure, I could get them from Ford, but that would cost me more than I paid for the wheels. In looking at the different caps it looked like the standard Lightning caps would be the same thing, just a SVT in the middle instead of the Ford Logo. They are a lot more common and there are lots of knock-offs out there. Still the price was never what I wanted to pay for a guess, and all my Lightning friends are back in Texas. But then a week or so ago I came across genuine Ford Lightning caps, never used on ebay for $20. Just had to try at that price. Got them on today, fit perfect, look great! Truck is dirty so no picture now.

Quick Reply: center cap help, 03 17"