Procomp opinion

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Procomp opinion

Anyone have an opinion on Procomps new Xterrain tire? I guess they are supposed to be extreme all terrains tires they look great but how do they handle?

Old 02-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They have just been introduced. I don't know of anyone running them yet. The new Mickey Thompsom at's also look good.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:06 PM
I have been really happy with my Xterrains so far. I have about 10K miles on them so far and the ride is great, wear seems to be doing very well, and for such an aggressive tread pattern, they are relatively quiet on the highway.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe he's talking about the new all terrian tire that Pro Comp just introduced. It's just starting to show up in magazine adds.

Old 02-09-2005, 05:07 PM
I havn't a new procomp tire but was confused becuase the xterrains have been out for a while. If you are talking about the older ones i know some people with them and they love them. They are great on road too. I am NOT SURE but think they are directional though so you wouldn't be able to rotate all of them.

Old 02-09-2005, 09:06 PM
This is what the company says about them:

ProComp Radial Xterrain:

ProComp Tires is about to shake up the marketplace AGAIN, with it's newest 37/13.50R16 tire with a THREE PLY SIDEWALL and XTC rubber compound in th etread. This awesome monster is rated "Load Range D" with a 3,525lbs. load carrying capacity. ProComp's new "TRI-PLY" construction provides "THREE FULL PLY" sidewalls along with two layers of opposed-angle steel belting that spans the tread area. This unique "FIVE-PLY" tread allows for maximum puncture resistance but still has total predictability and flexibility when using lower air pressure off-road. ProComp's 37" Xterrain comes exclusively with its own rubber compound in the tread area "XTC"-Xtreme Traction Compound. This increases traction and braking power on all hard surfaces wet or dry. The ProComp 37" Xterrain sports the same high void directional tread pattern that made the other Xterrain so famous! Its staggered directionally grooved tread pattern has full length lugh Kerf grooves with siping for superior "On" or "Off Road" traction, making it superior in mud, snow, slush, loose dirt, rock, & road. Add the 37" Xterrain's extra thick side wall treatment that helps resist scrapes and cuts, maximizes a biting edge side wall for increased traction on rocks or mud. Advanced Tire Technology and Sizes That Rule! The new 37" Xterrain makes it a heavy weight contender, a tire that will have to be reckoned with for years to come

But these things cost a ton!!! 235.00 per for a 35 inch

Quick Reply: Procomp opinion