Advice on 20 inch Centerline wheels and brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advice on 20 inch Centerline wheels and brakes

It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm finally getting back to making some improvements to my truck. Now I need some insight.

I'm interested in getting new wheels, probably Centerline, and will be moving to 20 inch. Centerline says their wheels are 1-piece, rotary forged, billet aluminum and will be close to the stock 17's in weight. Has anyone had any experience with this the Centerline wheel on a Supercrew?

I'm also wondering if it will be necessary to make any brake changes. If these wheels are truly as lightweight as they're supposed to be then I'm assuming I don't need to. Any thoughts?

Old 08-22-2004, 04:32 PM
I went with the Centerline Crossfire 20" for my 2004 (still waiting for them). The off road tires for them cost a fortune though. The wheel, I think, are a good deal because of the weight advantage. They are the price of cast wheels but much less then billet. They say sinse they are forged they are less porous and hold a shine better. They were a good compromise for billet wheels. I didn't like that much added weight with the cast. I wouldn't think the brake issue will be much of a problem if any.

Old 08-29-2004, 06:25 PM
I had 17" Prowlers but one cracked after four years and one call to Centerline and Luis replaced all four with Lancer's, no charge! Centerline no longer makes Lancers but they do look sweet! Lancer's are one piece but my old Prowlers were two piece. You cant go wrong with Centerline.

Quick Reply: Advice on 20 inch Centerline wheels and brakes