Need tire size help....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need tire size help....

I have American racing Nitro rims on my 97 4x4 ex-cab...I believe they are 16x8...what is the biggest tire I can fit without doing any kind of lift? ..... 305/70-16? will that rub? Also, with the biggest/widest possible tire...will anything change? speedo/gas mileage/ride quality? Sorry for all of the newbie question, but I am VERY new to this kind of stuff

I want to have an aggressive look, but not spend the money to lift,etc..I am selling it in a year anyway...thanks

also, anyone have any pics of the tires on a 4x4 excab? I would like to see what my truck can look like....thanks again

Last edited by Ponyboy; 04-06-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up welcome ponyboy

you're gonna have a great time reading all the threads here (over 1,000,000) Try the search feature for any and all kinds of specific questions you may have while you wait for a response. THAT will definately keep you busy
My humble opinion?
285's are the biggest you can run w/o a lift
Yes, you'll see a difference in everything you mentioned BUT all can easily be fixed..and then some!
no pics yet, cuz the wife is still grumbling about the $$ I already just spent on the truck, so the printer/copier/scanner at Wally World is just gonna have to wait just a little longer.

Quick Reply: Need tire size help....