Help with finding tires & lift?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-1999, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with finding tires & lift?

Hello all,
I'm the proud owner of a 97 F-150, black w/ extended cab. I LOVE this truck, but am wondering about what tires (it needs some desparately) are best. I am also inquiring to see if anyone has installed a lift kit and how much $$ and time that takes. I am also debating on liners, but after reading the boards think I'll go with the drop in just for economical purposes. Any insights would be much appreciated.
Jenn

------------------

Old 07-09-1999, 12:38 AM
Cali2pu,

You negelected to say if your truck was 2 or 4 wheel drive. 4wd drive suspension lifts are commonly available from numerous sources. I would say look in the trucking magazines for specifics.

2wd drives seem to be another story. As I am interested in a 2wd suspension lift in the neighborhood of 4 to 6 inches, I have done some research and found two manufacturers that appear to have a well founded reputation as providers of quality suspension lifitng components. One is Fabtech www.fabtechmotorsports.com and the other is Pro Comp www.explorerprocomp.com I have yet to purchase anything from either company as the components are quite expensive and the truck fund remains in it's usual state of depletion. The 6" lift is supposed to allow the installation of up to 33 inch tires or even larger if desired. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Karl

Old 07-20-1999, 11:58 AM
Cali2pu,
I put a 3 inch body life on my truck. I got it installed at Off Road Warehouse down here in San diego. It cost 529$ + Tax and I ride on 285's (32") tires which fill in the wheel well quit nice. I also have a drop in liner and that too looks very nice.

------------------
97 GREEN 4x2, S/C, Flareside, 4.6L Windsor , bedliner, 3 inch lift, 285 75 16's on stock rims, SUPER CHIPPED, Bilsteins Shocks, FLOWMASTER 50 SERIES, AIR RAID FILTER, PLAT +4 PLUG's

Old 07-20-1999, 01:36 PM
Question

Side Step, Do your 285's stick out beyond the wheel well ? And what kind of 285's are they?

------------------
98 F150 2WD,Bright Red, Regular Cab, 4.2, 3.55, Superchip, 3 Inch Bullseye Lift Spindles, Manik Grill Guard,Nerf Bars, Vent Visors, Fog lights, Kc Lights, Alpine CD Player, 2 Kenwood Amps, Tinted Windows. And Coming Soon: 3&1/2 Inch Fabtech Lift Kit, 16x8 American Racing Baja Wheels Wrapped With 33's

Quick Reply: Help with finding tires & lift?