warped brembo out of box! anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question warped brembo out of box! anyone else?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with new brembo rotors. Passenger side seems perfect but drivers side is the bad one. I rechecked everything even took caliper and rotor back off to re-seat everything with no change. I can see some discoloration where the rotor binds in the pads. It spins freely until it reaches that point. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated as it is possible that i am missing something, (don't think so but still possible).

Old 07-20-2003, 05:13 PM
Were you sure to very carefully clean the rotor mounting surface? Sometimes rust will cause a slightly uneven surface. Once you torque down the lugs the uneven surface causes the rotor to warp. Also, is the caliper nice and lubed and free moving?

If you have a hot spot already I would say that that Brembo is toast. I also doubt it came out of the box that way.

Try to call and get a replacement.

Old 07-20-2003, 09:12 PM
I just put front rotors (NAPA HD) and ceramic pads on mine. Very please dwith the results. This is my second set in 60,000, dealer did the first set under warrenty. I too thought my rotors were warping but now that I changed them the problem was rust at the rotor/hub interface. I spent a LOT of time scraping, wire brushing and even filing the hub surface flat again. I put ceramic never seize on it when I assembled. We'll see how it lasts. It is obvious that after rust builds up and you take the wheels off for some reason, the rotor won't tighten up in the proper location because of the rust. Not sure what I will do next time I rotate or take a wheel off for some reason. Not sure if this is your problem but I thought I would share the info.

Quick Reply: warped brembo out of box! anyone else?